We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food shopping in Sidari

Manchester, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
food shopping in Sidari

Hi, quick question before we book our holidays for next year. One of our party isn't really into sunbathing/swimming etc, he enjoys going out food shopping and cooking lunches for the rest of us (yes I know we are lucky) he's worried it will only be the usual mini-markets and he won't get a decent supermarket, grocers, butchers, fishmongers, etc in Sidari because its too small. Can anyone help with info on buying food in Sidari? Thanks

Birmingham
Level Contributor
296 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food shopping in Sidari

Hi Lisa there is a big super market and lots of mini markets around and a butchers next to Jens café (I think it is), I am sure Moonpig will let you know where abouts the big supermarket is, shops sell pretty much everything and theres an English store too, that sells local English products, again Moonpig will direct you to these.

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food shopping in Sidari

Diellas and Makato at the far end of sidari - large supermarkets with fab deli counters too. Local Butchers next door to Jenis Cafe.

We met friends in June who also liked to cook and they would take themselves off shopping at the two big supermarkets at the end of sidari. The smells from the apartment were wonderful and I believe the food was delightful too x

Your friend will also be able to get fish from the supermarket at the far end of sidari also. Fresh bread is usually delivered via the local bakers from avliotes and your friend could always hang around to see what he has available. There is also a fruit van that visits resort also x

Hope this helps x

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: food shopping in Sidari

great butcher in Marketta supermarket,,speaks perfect english , and likes a laugh with his customers

200 mtrs away is lovely Laura in shop UK...stocks all the lovely stodgy puddings,no shortage of foodstuffs in Sidari

Manchester, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: food shopping in Sidari

Thanks everyone, that should put his mind at rest

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food shopping in Sidari

This is an island where food and its production is the number 1 consideration. I'd be more concerned in the UK that ingredients are inferior.

Steve

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food shopping in Sidari

This is an island where food and its production is the number 1 consideration. I'd be more concerned in the UK that ingredients are inferior.

Steve

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: food shopping in Sidari

Another thought about this - if one of your party like to cook, then tell him to use seasonal products. He should ask the question what is available cheaply and in good condition, and how do I cook it? In other words, go shopping before deciding what to cook.

Steve

8. Re: food shopping in Sidari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sidari