We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
985 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
October

Hi guys,

we are looking at having a week away in October either 1st or 2nd week, will most places still be open then?

Went to Athens with work in October last year and the weather was great so not worried about the weather.

Thanks ;-)

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October

Hi there

Travelling this late in the season you could be unlucky with the weather in Corfu ...if you want more of a guarantee of the best possible weather then I would look at both Rhodes and Crete which are that much further South

Level Contributor
336 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October

We have been to Corfu first 2 weeks October and found that a lot of places are starting to close down. We stayed in Messonghi and found that every night when we went out, one by one another bar or restaurant had closed (however, we never starved!) We had a car and visited many of the other resorts (Sidari, Roda, Paleo etc.) and they were all rather quiet, in fact in Paleo they took up the beach boardwalks while we sat in the bar for lunch !! That said, as the UK half term is usually the 3rd week of the month many of the 'popular' resorts will probably still be up and running to cater for the families.

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
985 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October

Great, thanks for the replies,

can currently get flights from Manchester and hotel in Sidari from 4th-12th (8nights) for less than £140pp so looks to good to not to do it lol

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October

Hi Ray, at that time of year you'll notice things closing by the day. That said, we've been away & thoroughly enjoyed at that time & later too. What you've seen is too good to let go-so go for it particularly as Sidari is a larger resort so the choice will still be there for things to do/places to eat & drink etc. Best of luck & regards!

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October

Sounds like too much of a bargain to pass up! We went a couple of years back from late Sept to about the 3rd of October and had glorious weather. The sea was lovely and warm and I was swimming in it right up to the last day. Everywhere appeared to be open still up till the point we left although there were winding down signs, such as The Rock having their last Greek night of the season etc. It's a big enough resort though for you to still have some choice, I'd go for it.

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
985 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October

Brilliant! Decision made ;-)

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time! :)

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
985 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October

22 years since I last went to Corfu, stayed in Dassia then when it was just a small village with a handful of tavernas!

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October

I've never been anywhere in Corfu except for Canal D'Amour and Sidari, I love it there & there are more tavernas than you could possibly visit! Which apartments are you booking?

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
985 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: October

Not sure on apartment yet but Alexis pool is a good price.

Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations