We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked but worried...

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Booked but worried...

Having saved for 3 years, we have just booked the Corfu Panama Resort in Sidari for this August, the last family holiday before our eldest leaves home.

We have got a really great deal and were very excited but I made the mistake of reading the terrible and poor comments on trip advisor and now I'm worried we've made a mistake.

Also, have read reviews that refer to Sidari as 'Blackpool with mosquito s.'

Is it really that tacky and awful?

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked but worried...

Hi Charlie and welcome to the forum. I certainly wouldn't ever describe Sidari as Blackpool with mosquito's! I have been there once so far and I loved it so much I'm coming back in August with my young teens.

True that Sidari strip can be quite busy and far removed from some of the little Greek Villages some people prefer to holiday in but in my opinion that's a good thing as it gives you choices on taverna's to eat in and what you would like to do of an evening. It's very easy to avoid the strip area if it's not your cup of tea and stay around the Canal D Amour area where there are some lovely tavernas and also some gorgeous views. I personally like everything about Sidari. I wouldn't want to be in a smaller location as being the mother of teenagers I want somewhere where they can have some choice on what they do. There are some good water sports available and lots of choice of day trips from here too.

I have to say it's also one of the most friendly places I have visited as well! I can't comment personally on your hotel as I don't know it but I think Sidari is a lovely family friendly holiday destination.

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked but worried...

www.youtube.com/watch…

a little into this video you will see the panama apts on the hill...........you will love sidari , and this wonderful island

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked but worried...

www.youtube.com/watch…

nothing working tonight// if link doesn't work lots of sidari vidios on u tube

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked but worried...

I have not stopped at those apartments personally . I have been to corfu 10 times in different resorts and always seem to be draw to sidari when those apartment were built i was horrified they looked so out of place on the hill but now have blended in great i am not a fan of loud music and brash tacky bars where those apartments are its in a lovely peacefull area and a pleasant walk into sidari away for the hustle but even in the height of summer its hardly over busy i am sure you will fine with corfu just remember they are all pretty basic rooms in nearly all apartments on corfu you sleep in them and a base and eat in the many lovely taverns bars and restaurants experience something of the island and relax its not Spain or blackpool its Greece and its very friendly and safe and i love that and that's why i go back

Edited: 01 February 2014, 00:07
swindon,england
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked but worried...

"Blackpool with mozzies",haha,please don't worry about them untrue reviews,totally false.Yes it's one of the livelier resorts but there really isn't anything too tacky or brash about Sidari.As said above by Alison there are areas such as the Canal D Amour area that are much more low key.

To sum up,Sidari is family friendly,lovely beach with plenty of entertainment if you want it[i'm sure you will].

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked but worried...

Hi, having been to the Greek Islands x20 & in sept this year Corfu again (7th time) & 2nd time to Sidari, so long as you've had a great deal does it really matter where you are? The sun will shine, the beer will be ice cold & the Greek food will be lovely. Not forgetting the friendly Greek people who do appreciate tourism given the problems with the euro! Sidari will be as 'lively' or as laid back as you want it to be. From quieter tavernas away from the 'strip' area to the louder bars in amongst the crowds. You'll find what you like & enjoy. Canal D'Amour area tends to be a lot more laid back & is lovely to chill-just enjoy it while it lasts! Regards!

birmingham
Level Contributor
726 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked but worried...

Do you mean reviews about your accommodation or the resort? I cannot speak about the apartments as I do not know them but I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you.

As for the resort, we went first time in September and absolutely loved it, have booked again for this September. Yes there is a strip of bars with tribute acts etc but its certainly not tacky or like Blackpool ! There is SO much more to Sidari so don't be put off by reviews, go and see for yourself and ENJOY - I know you will!

Halifax, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked but worried...

We are Rhodes mad, but went to Sidari Sept 2012, loved it , went Sept 2013 loved it, so booked straight away as we came back and are going in June 2014. Also did go in the 90,s when it was just developing. We used to go to Sidari watersports in the afternoon as we had 3 teens with us , and we all ended up doing something, banana boats, paragliding, jet ski, fly fishing in fact between us we did everything more than once, they give u good deals if u keep going back. Loads of restaurants and bars to choose from, weather u want a quiet night or a lively one! Every night different bars have different tribute acts, some good, some NOT so good :) but all Greta for a laugh. Corfu town is lovely too, we went there in the evening, lots to do. I'm sure you won't be disappointed . Just use plenty of mozzie spray ( jungle formula tropical or autan) and u won't get bitten and spray your room with fly spray before u leave each evening. I didn't get one bite and I used to get loads before I used spray.

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked but worried...

Can I just point out that there is actually nothing wrong with Blackpool.

"Blackpool in the sun" was what attracted me to come 4 years ago! Bring it on, thought I.

And no, it isn't like Blackpool, for the record.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked but worried...

Yes I agree Paul on all counts.

I guess there will always be the odd person who doesn't like Sidari but probably the type of person who books quickly on a whim without doing a bit of research first.

Some people prefer the very small authentic villages to holiday in but I honestly believe you can have the best of both worlds at Sidari/Canal D amour and dip into both or either to suit yourself. You've got the views, the lovely authentic Greek taverna's and the coves at Canal and the option of entertainment and some good nights at the strip if you want it :)

Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations