We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toilet Issues

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South...
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Toilet Issues

Hi all,

I know this will sound a bit petty to some and I apologise, but I was wondering if there are any hotels/rentals out in Sidari that have toilets which take loo roll?

We came out 3 or 4 years ago and I really liked the area, especially the fact that the bars back onto the beach, and I hope to come out again in the near future.

I have to admit, I am slightly put off due to the toilet issue, especially as I may be staying with friends this time, so I was hoping the situation may of changed/improved?

Thanks

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toilet Issues

Most unlikely. Its not the toilets its the main sewage system that means you can't flush the paper.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toilet Issues

There is an easy way around this, take out or buy there, some wet wipes - I find cloth types better. Take nappy bags, or even dog poo bags as they aren't so clear. Pop used wet wipe into bag, tie - all private and less messy !

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Toilet Issues

No sewers, just soak aways and septic tanks. No discharge into the sea , so clean water for swimming. Even better than Budleigh Salterton.

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toilet Issues

Nope - systems have not improved - still in the dark ages with regards to loo paper down the toilet I'm afraid... I always take wet wipes a little more hygenic than their single ply loo roll!!!!

South...
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toilet Issues

Thankyou all for your messages :)

Such a shame - I won't let it put me off though, as I do like the area, and it was lovely and hot! I even remember the sea being warm!

Wet wipes seems a good idea!!

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toilet Issues

Yes I was going to recommend wet wipes and also the £1 boxes of scented nappy sacks to dispose of everything in the bin nicely. It's awkward enough with family so even worse with friends! Also just check the reviews and book somewhere where they have a cleaner going in each day, I think most apartments do have a daily cleaner emptying bins.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toilet Issues

I can't agree that Corfu is still in the "dark ages" and I know of hardly any regular visitors who even give this issue a second thought. For those of us who live there, the lack of surface water drainage in the wet season is a far bigger issue. Resorts on the north coast were starting to install the infrastructure for mains drainage about five years ago before the European economic crisis. A little more money was made available last year, and more pipes and pumping stations were constructed. In the fullness of time, all will be connected and a system will emerge. Until then, we will continue to use the traditional method and try to remember not to look for the bin when we are back in the UK.

Steve

Edited: 21 February 2014, 19:30
jersey,Channel Isles
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Toilet Issues

Steve that hit a note with me lol - Whenever I go back to the UK it takes me.a few hours to remember not to put toilet paper in the bin.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toilet Issues

I always take nappy sacks have done for years, even in my handbag when I go out. Feel much better doing that even if others don't. I have on occasion (if I know the owners) been called the 'toilet roll ambassador' as I wouldn't hesitate to let them know that it was running low, in a nice way of course, and if there isn't a female present I do the honours. It all makes for a comfortable holiday.

Wirral
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Toilet Issues

Thumbs up from me on nappy bags and wet wipes. We use these in Greece,

Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations