We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is megali beach area like

ss
Level Contributor
214 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
what is megali beach area like

Hi can anyone tell me more about that area :)

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
295 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is megali beach area like

Megali beach is the main beach in sidari the one that fronts the strip . . Bar terraces Free sun beds and umbrellas when drinks are purchased all the water sports and activity are there its very shallow for children too

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is megali beach area like

yes very shallow waters, kiddies can wade for what seems like miles lots of beach bars and free sunbeds outside too ......... dont visit megali beach much prefer canal d amour as the boys dont holiday with us and are a bit too old to be paddling hehe........ gets very busy peak season too ......

ss
Level Contributor
214 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is megali beach area like

Just my apartment is near there, any ideas how long it takes from legends apartments to the canal d amour area :)

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: what is megali beach area like

20 minutes at a gentle pace, hit the beach and paddle all the way

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: what is megali beach area like

http://www.sidari.info/sidari-map

bristol
Level Contributor
83 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what is megali beach area like

Hi. I actually prefer this area to the canal D'Amour. It is very pretty but beaches in the Canal D'Amour are too small. I enjoyed Megali beach particularly around the Calypso Bar area. If you bought a drink you could use sun beds for free. It was near one for the road where you could get great ice creams. There is a little shower on the beach, a couple of swings and a beach volley ball court. It was less crowded at this end but still near all the watersports. We travelled in August and use to enjoy a leisurely walk to the canal area watching the cliff divers and stopping for a drink in Zafiris Bar.

ss
Level Contributor
214 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what is megali beach area like

Thanks for your replies good to know didn't fancy walking everyday to find a good beach :-)

8. Re: what is megali beach area like

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations