We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Damia? should I be worried?

northampton
Level Contributor
77 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Damia? should I be worried?

Hi,

I am booked to stay at hotel Damia with my partner and daughter. After reading the reviews I am now very worried that Damia who runs the hotel will ruin our holiday. Damia has even replied to the bad reviews with not the nicest of comments. We were really looking forward to our holiday at hotel Damia as it looks lovely until noticing the reviews. Most guests are happy and have made good friends with Damia as they must have spend a lot of time in the hotel but people that say they didn't spend much time in the hotel had a very different experience. We are not planning to spend much time in the hotel as we like to explore in the day (i hate sitting round pools all day) and will be eating out and enjoying the culture in the evening. Should I be worried? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Damia Hotel
Damia Hotel
298 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
dewsbury
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Damia? should I be worried?

Hi Sarah88, dont let reviews spoil it before you get there. Had a similar experience on the outskirts of sidari. We had great apptmt but wanted to explore. In house prices and choice were limited and expensive but you have paid only to stay there I presume ? Corfu is superb, get out and have a look. Allan h

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Damia? should I be worried?

yep dont let damia's icy stares frighten you!!! come and go as you please xx really don't let anybody make you feel as though you have to spend money there at the pool bar - it happens and unfortunately some owners are less forgiving as that is where they make their money - do what you please ans i am sure you will have a wonderful holiday regardless xx

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Damia? should I be worried?

Don't be put off at all! We stayed at Damia's last year and liked it so much we are going back for 3 weeks this summer! We never experienced any icy stares, Damia was very friendly towards us at all times. We spent a few days there but most away from the hotel and we only ate in her restaurant 2 or 3 times. she was very distressed by some of the reviews left but it transpires most were left by people staying in the same party. Sha had had to ask them to leave after appauling behaviour around the pool which disturbed and upset other guests and this was their revenge.

We ate breakfast in our apartment, had lunch in our apartment or out and ate in town most nights. There was no problem with that at all. She was very friendly to us all especially my daughter and didn't believe she behaved in any way inappropriately. Go there and enjoy yourselves. Be friendly towards her and she will be lovely back to you. We always feel that if you treat people on holiday with the same respect as you expect to receive, you will be fine.

Cathie.x

Mentioned in this post
Damia Hotel
Damia Hotel
298 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Damia? should I be worried?

I would agree with KingsofScotland......I read the reviews in question and they seemed 'linked'.....there are plenty of good reviews too. Just treat other people as you would like to be treated and I am sure you will have a good time.

I find the Corfiot people to be really friendly and if you treat them with respect....you'll get it back tenfold!

Have a great holiday x

Fi

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Damia? should I be worried?

there you go x the posters have put your minds at ease x and like they said reviews are the same party!!! who complained about the icy stares etc...... you will always get reviews like this i'm afraid i have read some horrific reviews and have always wondered what the flip side of the coin appeared to be - usually there really is two sides to every story!! don't let reviews put you off but on the other hand do not feel obliged that you have to drink and eat there all the time either!!! go explore and enjoy what the resort has to offer and i am sure you will have a blast

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Damia? should I be worried?

If l could "like" Mushyjam and Fi's posts l would! I would point also out l'm appalled by my own "appalling" spelling in my last post!x

Cathie.x

7. Re: Hotel Damia? should I be worried?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sidari