We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time..

Bangor Northern...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First time..

I am thinking of going to Sidari next August with my husband and daughter. We normally go to Turkey but fancy a change.

I'm looking some where cheap but clean and close to beach and the 'centre'. I've seen a place called Sella and think this ticks the boxes for what we want. Any views or recommendations and also is it cheap enough for food drinks etc?

Thanks in advance

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
415 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time..

There's plenty of hotels/apartments which would fit your criteria. There's better qualified people on here to advise you of places to stay as I only have experience of the Mimosa (half board hotel towards the canal d'amour end of the strip, directly opposite the beach) and Dinos Apartments (opposite end of strip, 5 minute walk from beach, great apartments although I believe they have ckosed down or changed owner).

Sidari itself is relatively cheap but like anywhere you can make it as expensive/cheap as you like. Drinks wise you can pick up local beer from €2.50 upwards. International beer/cider are generally sold by the can and vary between €3 up to €4.50 per can. Wine generally €3-€5 per carafe/half carafe depending upon where you go. Soft drinks are quite expensive. Many pubs/restuarants don't have cola etc on tap like over here instead they pour out of cans or sell by small glasses (many places its pepsi not coke) we paid around €2-3 per can in some places and around the same for a small glass.

Food wise there are plenty of places to eat in Sidari with very differing prices. You can pick up snacks fromplaces like One for the Road from €1 (for a hot dog) through to steaks in the €15 region at Cactus Jacks. Many restaurants display their menus outside of the establishment and also have daily boards were you can get 2-3 courses from the set menu for around €8. Then you've got the gyros which make a filling lunch (or late night post drinking snack) for around €4.

These are just a guide, to be fair until you get there and have a good look around to see what suits your tastes its hard togive you exact prices etc. Me and my partner at out at least twice a day and finished the night off with a gyro following 4-5 drinks each each night for well less than 80 euros per day including our water/soft drinks in the day

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time..

Hi, some great advice from sar2them concerning prices etc. I found Sidari to be a really cheap place to visit hence I'm coming back for a fortnight in August. There are great specials on notice boards outside the taverna's which change each day so it's nice to have a look as you're walking around and see what you fancy for the evening. Most of the places I went to offered generous portion sizes so we only tended to have a main course and typically spent anything around the 5.50e to 6.50e per dinner, plus a carafe of wine to share which I think may have been around 4e for a small one. Wine was 2e by the glass most places and cocktails were generally 3e to 5e each. On the rare occasion we also had a starter it was around 3.50e.

If you enjoy an English breakfast some mornings, these were 3.50euros on the strip which was for a massive breakfast with juice and a choice of hot drink included. You would literally not eat again till the evening they were that filling! A lot of the establishments have free sunbeds for people buying food or drink to use too.

To sum up I feel that eating out both during the day and in the evening was a fair bit cheaper than the UK but drinks prices were on a par with what I'd expect to pay here. When I last went with my husband I also spent well less than 80 euro's a day and that was really going to town on the cocktails some nights as well! When we come back we're bringing our two younger teens with us and are looking at a budget of somewhere around 100 to 120 euro's per day for all of us and that will be eating out every day plus evening drinks in a bar although we'll probably be more careful during the day time and get some drinks in for our apartment and cans from supermarkets etc whilst we are out and about at the beach and places, rather than going to a bar each time.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,556 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time..

Hi Gina.....and Welcome to the Sidari Forum....

Some good advice from Sar2them and Alison.....The hotel I think you are referring to is The Sellas Hotel. This is a very nice hotel, basic and clean. It is set back slightly and is situated at the Canal D'Amour end of Sidari (right on the start of The Strip). There are some lovely tavernas near by The main Sidari beach is a 5 minute walk so you are central to everything and it is all flat walking. The good thing about the Sellas is that it is quiet enough for a good nights sleep, but you are only a 5 minute walk to the main Sidari Strip.

If you want any further information, don't hesitate to ask - we are all a friendly bunch on this forum!

Fi x

Bangor Northern...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time..

Thank you so much for your reply .

Is there a supermarket handy?

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time..

There's a couple very near.....both across the road.One on the right hand side of little road going into the Canal d'amour area & the other more or less nxt to the 3 Pigs taverna.

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time..

Yes Avlonitis supermarket stocks all the basics you need for a self catering holiday as well as Trivizas supermarket just a few hundred yards away. You have everything on hand if you stay at Sellas - it's a great little complex and the staff are wonderful too xx

Enjoy x

Bangor Northern...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time..

Thanks for the reply folks! I've taken the plunge and booked for 2 weeks next August.. can't wait 16 months and counting lol 👓👙

Gina x

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time..

If you booked Sellas then you'll be in a lovely location Gina :)

Bangor Northern...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time..

Yes its Sellas we have booked.

Anyone know is wifi available in the hotel/resort to keep teenage daughter happy?

G x

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time..

I think they do Gina but if they don't just 2 seconds away is Jeni's cafe and she has free wifi xx and lots of places in resort have use of wifi too - so your daughter will be able to facebook/twitter to her hearts content!!! my neice is the same haha.....

Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations