We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yiannis village and general resort help please

Level Contributor
137 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Yiannis village and general resort help please

Hi

We have been to Kalamaki in Zante for the last two years but looking to venture elsewhere next year.

I have found these apts which suit our budget and have good reviews,but we can't afford the extra £300 to upgrade from studio to 2-bed apt. There will be two adults and a 4 yr old and well need space for a cot for our baby too...will we be too squashed? (I don't mind not having a lot of room, but don't want to be packed like sardines!)

Also, we'd be looking to get a taxi as the transfer is too long by coach...any ideas on guide price and times from/to airport?

And finally, Sidari is described as a 'large tourist resort' ...does it still have nice restaurants? And it isn't like visiting Greek Blackpool is it? ;-)

Thanks in advance.

manchester
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yiannis village and general resort help please

Hi lauraalana

No sidari isn't like Blackpool it's absolutely beautiful n typical Greek Island lots of lovely Greek eateries lovely beaches I can not fault it.

I don't know the apartments thy your talking about unfortunately so can't be any help there we are a family of 5 so have a 2 bed apartment and have plenty of space a lot of people on the sidari forums recommend corfu airport transfers if you look through some other posts there is an email address somewhere

Hope this helps a bit x

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Yiannis village and general resort help please

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g676295-d2641…

you will never go to zante again//// believe me , not a tower in sight here in Sidari. as noisy or quiet as you wish. many tavernas to choose from..

yannis village nice place but way out of sidari village, and with two young children , walking up the lane daily , may be a little troublesome to you , especially if its very hot you didnt say what month you were planning on coming to the island prices are good early and late season

Have fun choosing ////

Level Contributor
137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yiannis village and general resort help please

Thank you...that's good to know that A) it's not Blackpool and B) it's a place to return to :-)

We will be coming in July/AUG school hols so maybe I'll look for somewhere more central.

Thank you for taking time to reply.

telford
Level Contributor
153 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yiannis village and general resort help please

we love yiannis village but it may be a long walk with two little ones as moonpig said...''the anemona'' is with cosmos holidays and is more central but far enough away from the noise...we stayed there last year...we had a 2 bed apt but my parents had a studio...they are huge and plenty big enough for a cot as well i would say.

South West England...
Level Contributor
31 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yiannis village and general resort help please

Sidari is a LOT more built up than Kalamaki and far far more anglicized. However, there are still plenty of greek tavernas around.

It is not quiet like Kalamaki, it is fairly lively with plenty going on, but not in the same league as Laganas or even Tsilivi on a Saturday for example.

Downside, it has a lot longer transfer than Kalamaki, upside, it is much further from the runway than Kalamaki !

I dont know if you have booked yet, but if dont mind staying on Zante would strongly recommend Alykanas - try the Alykanas Beach Village hotel (all inc) - or the Alykanas Beach Aparthotel next door (self-catering). both steps from the sea which is very gently shelving and a mid-way point village size between Kalamaki and Sidari. Nearly all the tavernas have play gardens for kids.

That said - the Yiannis Village has a fantastic reputation (I've booked for next year); and appears to be on a par with the Amaryllis in Kalamaki which we love; but my older kids are teens now and the distance from the strip and the more lively scene is more to their taste; and the village pool will have plenty for the younger ones. Have been to 35 odd greek resorts/islands over the years, but always went to Alykanas when each one was 2 or so.

Wherever you go I am sure you will have a fab time :D

Edited: 04 June 2014, 08:28
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yiannis village and general resort help please

Hi lauraalana.....and welcome to the Sidari Forum. Yiannis Village are lovely apartments, but as Moonpig says it is a good 25 minute stroll into the main Sidari strip.

You could try looking at The Sellas Hotel which is at the other end of Sidari in the Canal D'Amour end, again quiet enough for a good night's sleep, but close enough to all the amenities with a four year old and baby. Five minutes walk to the main beach (and a little playground) and some lovely tavernas very close by....and it is all flat walking.

A taxi from the airport will cost around 50 euros one way and take about 45-50 minutes from the airport to Sidari Try : www.rodaonline.org/rodataxi.html

I see that you are also looking at Kos,,,,but if you would like any more information about Sidari please do not hesitate to ask.

Fi

Level Contributor
137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yiannis village and general resort help please

Thankyou for your replies.

We decided to book into the Marelen in Kalamaki again...the prices were just so much cheaper! And I couldn't make up my mind about anywhere else. Also,the distance from the airport won the vote.

We will definitely visit Alykanas (I think it's the only place on the island we haven't been to!) and will look back into tmsome other islands for another year :-)

Thankyou everyone. Xxx

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yiannis village and general resort help please

You're welcome....Enjoy your holiday!

Fi

9. Re: Yiannis village and general resort help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations