We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olgas!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Olgas!!

I'm due to go the olgas 30 August just me and my partner this is our 3rd year in a row to sidari and after initially deciding to book paphos my heart wasnt in it so changed to sidari (costing me a bloody fortune in amendment fees)went the kanali last year but prices to go when we're ridiculously high so settled for the olgas, only the last few reviews have left me thinking have i done the right thing I'm not a snob by any means and no that rooms are very basic etc.. We use our room as a base... I'm after reassurance really if any one have stayed recently or staying soon for any info and there experiences.... 54 days to go.....

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olgas!!

Rest assured you will have a fab time Kelly. You have no need to worry. Olgas is literally next to Kanali and Mike and Rhea are lovely hosts who will cater to your every need.

Never stayed but had drinks there and the lobby and outside area are lovely and bright and clean!!

Rooms are basic but have all the mod cons you need for your holiday, they are clean and tidy, fresh towels and bedding change every few days.

What more do you need - go, enjoy - I'm sure you will have a ball both of you xxx

Michelle x

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olgas!!

Thanks Michelle,

I no reviews don't really affect me it was more my partner as it mentioned air con not been too good as soon as he seen that.... The reviews do seem to be a little petty as I really can't understand how only given 1 loo roll would affect the holiday that much they feel the need to review it based on that so again nothing really puts me off the price of the hotels in sidari are so cheap I don't no Wat people expect for the money they are paying!!

Thanks again

Kelly

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olgas!!

Always wondered that myself Kelly how an entire hol can be ruined cos you only get 1 loll roll then hav to buy you're own after!! It's only about 1 euro or so for 2 rolls in the shops.Hardly breaking the bank,but hey ho,some people do moan about the most silly things.Not wanting to sound tight,but sum yrs we've taken our own,just put a roll in each suitcase if we've got the room for them,but also quite happy to pay for more if we don't do that.Over the yrs,we've heard sum ridiculous complaints from people whilst on hol or read on the reviews.Tea/coffee don't taste the same,bread different,it's too hot!!!! oh no it's raining lol!!! and more ha ha.....Does make me laugh!!!

Edited: 07 July 2014, 14:08
Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olgas!!

Kelly some people's ideas of what they expect can be ridiculous - for the price they pay - I always say it, some people expect waitrose quality at tesco value prices - reality is it just doesn't happen - go with an open mind, you are more than aware of how basic the greek accomodation is unless you are staying at Delfino Blu or Sidari Beach Hotel in which you would expect more than the average..... these apartments are just fine and will service your needs for your holiday and I am sure like the rest of us you will not have a hissy fit over having to go to the supermarket to buy a few toilet rolls either.....

Enjoy xx

Michelle xx

Corfu, Greece
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Olgas!!

hello all

roll is changed regurarly (when run out) and if not accintenly can ask for another one at reception. aircon is doing the best with 38 degrees outside. rooms on the first floor are wormer and the beds are hard so we try to make them softer by changing the matreeses i'm sure you will enjoy the holidays with us and we will do our best to meet your expactasions

mike sellas

hotel manager

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olgas!!

Awww thanks ever so much for the reply mike, I never really had a worry...

See you in September

Kelly

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Olgas!!

were heading to the olgas in the middle of aug,,,,ive kept up with the reviews like above an i always ignore the worst reviews or the bits that make ppl unhappy if they dont concern us....toilet rolls....went to turkey 1 year and they wernt supplied,,,made us laugh,,,,nearest shop were dear as well...they knew you needed them,,,we shopped further a field,,,no big deal.

the only thing that concerns us are the mosquitos and were coming ready for a fight hehe

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Olgas!!

Haha I no the mossies got me bad last year I had over 20, but the year before had 1 so it's luck of the draw I think...

9. Re: Olgas!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2015, 10:12
10. Re: Olgas!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Sidari