We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New places.......

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
New places.......

Any forumsters newbies or regulars heading over to sidari in the next few weeks or month and plan to visit some new places - let us know where you get to visit. A trip report would be great also xx

Our intention this year is to attempt to get to Kalamaki Beach and maybe Nissaki - last year we visited Dafni and Afionas.

So guys where do you want to visit and do you intend trying to get there? or will the lure of the sunbeds and bar keep you firmly grounded to the spot.....

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New places.......

Places I'd like to visit this yr which are new to me would be Gouvia,inland village of Nimfes,Lake Karission in the South & Ag. Stefanos not far from Arilas.Whether it happens or not depends on if we hire a car,what rest of family want to do (hubby never been to Achilleion Palace,so he fancies that) or like last yr,had all these plans to do this,that & the other & hardly left resort at all apart from visiting Corfu town & Kassi.Just spent a relaxing time by the pool which was lovely.Last yr was 1st time in yrs we didn't hire a car,so will make our minds up when we get there.Wud quite like to see a few new places thou this Aug.

Also wud like to do the Lazy Day Cruise or the 2 island cruise which we've not done b4.The lure of sunbeds,pool & bars is pretty hard to resist thou,especially in the heat of Aug!!

Edited: 07 July 2014, 16:20
Mentioned in this post
Gouvia
Gouvia
Corfu, Greece
Corfu Town
Corfu Town
Corfu, Greece
Level Contributor
288 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New places.......

Hey jess you can get to San stef on the local bus caught outside jenies , costs less than a beer . It drops on the main drag, bars, tavernas and shops . You can then cut through the beachside hotels on to the beach . Coming back you can sit at one of the bars the incoming bus will pass and turn round at the harbour becoming the outgoing bus back to sidari giving you time to drink up and walk to the bus stop . Well worth a visit.

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New places.......

oh yes forgot the bus to san stef on the new road now - may hop on the bus as I love visiting san stef.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New places.......

How long does the bus take to San Stef? I'm interested in getting the local buses to as many resorts as possible

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New places.......

Thank you Mogdogg for that info....had no idea bus goes to San Stef.from Sidari & forgot about new road aswell.At least if we don't hire car this yr,we can get bus to a new place & maybe a few others also.Been to the other San Stef on the east coast a few times & that's a luvly little place to see,but nice to see a new resortThanx again......Does anyone know if a bus goes to Gouvia from Sidari?Cheers all.

Mentioned in this post
Sidari
Sidari
Corfu, Greece
Gouvia
Gouvia
Corfu, Greece
Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New places.......

Not long Alison probably about 15-20 minutes at the most.

Jesseche you would have to get the bus to corfu town then jump on the bus to Gouvia at san rocco square I suspect.

Mentioned in this post
Gouvia
Gouvia
Corfu, Greece
England, United...
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New places.......

That's brilliant Michelle thank you, I like the fact that someone mentioned it drops in the main area so there's no chance I can go wrong lol! Is this the same bus that goes to other resorts such as Roda or Kassiopi or are they all different buses?

Mentioned in this post
Roda
Roda
Corfu, Greece
Kassiopi
Kassiopi
1,881 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New places.......

yeah alison I think that is the one that carries on to san stef once it hits sidari but some stop at sidari only so best to check x

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New places.......

Mrs M...thanx for advice on bus to Gouvia.Thought that mite be the case.Was thinking the bus that takes u to Roda,Kassi etc., mite go all the way to Corfu Town on coastal road & stop of at Gouvia.Can't find any details of this on the net thou,so looks like car if we do visit.Does look a nice resort with its marina etc.,will see in Aug.

Edited: 09 July 2014, 16:17
Mentioned in this post
Gouvia
Gouvia
Corfu, Greece
Roda
Roda
Corfu, Greece
Corfu Town
Corfu Town
Corfu, Greece
10. Re: New places.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Sidari