We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zafiris

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Zafiris

Has any body just been to Zafiris as we are going soon and the reviews seem to be either very good or very bad with it been run down and looking tired.I would just like some honest views as never been to corfu before.

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zafiris

We first went to Zafiris 11 years ago when our children were tiny. Going back soon. It was the best holiday we've had - country/island/location/hotel/pool/sunsets/staff - who were more than just staff, a few who are still there - yes, it's so good they've stayed that long! Please ignore the negative comments. The corfiots are so genuinely friendly, if anything is not quite right, ask politely and they will not want you to go away disappointed. I think they may have been a little overwhelmed to have gone AI, but give them the credit they deserve for trying to keep all of us Brits happy after so many wonderful hols before AI. Over the years you very rarely read a negative! If you've been to Spain/Canaries then AI is very organised, but not very personalised. These lovely people will want to know you rather than just serve you. In my opinion YOU make your own holiday, most rooms are just a base, and AI is limited wherever you go, in different ways. Enjoy Zafiris, Sidari, Corfu and all that it offers :-)

ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zafiris

Hi Casperno, am at zafiris now, so can give you an update. Just remember it is only 2 star, so keep an open mind and you shouldn't be disappointed. We have a split level family room, which is a great size, tho the steps up are quite tricky, especially if you have very young children, but they will put a stairgate on for you. Our room is great and can't fault it. Meals are lovely, tho a little stodgy at times, and I personally find the kids selection to be very poor, but that is probably because mine are traditionally Irish, and just like meat and potatoes. Food is always warm and plentiful, and nothing is a bother to the staff. Pool is lovely, plenty o dinners. Just be aware of what is stated on brochures as being all inclusive, as this seems to be a big complaint for people, but I personally can't fault it. We have only been here 3 days, and I have no complaints as yet, apart from kids menu, I think it's great value for money, and I think you will love it . It's always hard to please everyone, you need any more info just ask. Hope you have a fab time.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,556 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zafiris

Have to agree with the above posts....The Zafiris Hotel is in a lovely position over looking the Canal D'Amour. The pool is lovely. As mentioned it is a 2 star....and unfortunately a lot of people expect 5 star accommodation. What you will get is 5 star customer service.

There are plenty of tavernas in the area, which you could try on occasions, there is The Napoli which is about a five minute walk from the Zafiris, which does lovely Italian food (or the Il Strata for pizzas etc).

A holiday is what you make of it and I think the Zafiris is a lovely 2 star complex with wonderful views from the pool area. Go and enjoy and have a lovely holiday.

Fi

4. Re: Zafiris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations