We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auchencairn, null...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any advice

Hi is Sidary suitable for a family with kids 16 and 13.E.g what is there to do and nice places to stay either hotel or apartments,don't like to be in the centre but like to be able to walk in.Thnx

ss
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any advice

i would highly recommend legends,not to far from strip very clean,pool gorgeous people so friendly my older children loved it.

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any advice

Do not stay in Takis 2 studios they are not great at all ,we just spent a week there.

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any advice

Hi Sylvia....we are due to stay at Takis 2 for 3rd time nxt wk for a fortnight.Never had any real probs there on our last 2 stays,but obvs get that what one person likes,another won't.They are very basic,but found staff & cleaners efficient & we liked the pool area & luvd the location.Only niggles we had was found the food not g8t compared to other apts we've stayed in,bar cud be really quite at night & sumtimes shut early,so cudn't hav a last drink b4 going to bed (not major prob as just had drink in room,but nice sumtimes to mill around bar & chat to other guests)& no reception,left luggage area or showers to use if you've got late flight home.Luckily we've always managed to keep our rooms for a few hrs more,but wud be nice to hav these facilities if you cudn't.If you don't mind me asking,what didn't you like about Takis 2 apts??

Edited: 02 August 2014, 10:16
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any advice

Think Sidari would be ideal we are a middle age couple and took our 18 year old son and his freind .Think its suitable for any age .

We stayed at koursaros They had studios and apartment which are basic but clean .lovely pool plentry of sunbeds and umbrellas no matter what time of day.

Nice bar area which serve food which is good and very reasonably pricedand the staff there are amazing.

Just 2 minutes from the strip and beach so not far and your away from noise at night. Just round corner from legends

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any advice

Hmm are you sure you didn't stay at Takis apartments and studios?as these are the ones with the pool.We stayed at Takis 2 which is a different building around the back which has no pool.We stayed in room 24 and on our arrival at 3.30 am we were taken to our room by the rep.The room absolutely stank of stale cigarettes it was disgusting.When we looked around there were 2 cockroaches by the side of my bed and lots of insects that had been squashed on the wall .When we went into the bathroom there was a very dirty mat on the floor which was still wet from the previous guests.We had problems with the loo as it didn't flush we had to lift up the system lid to hook it back on.we had no hot water twice and one day non at all for a good few hours.My bed was very uncomfortable the springs were sticking up.I have been to Greece many times and stayed in a fair few apartments and know they are basic which is not a problem but to experience what we had there was not acceptable.

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any advice

Really sorry to hear that Sylvia....don't sound good at all.Not sure if it's same apts or not.One's we stay in are run by Christiana & approached down little path down side of Trivizas supermarket opp Family & 50/50 tavernas.We've had studios overlooking the pool & one round the back overlooking back of Loxides apts.These apts were more basic & smaller than one's by pool,but OK for us.There are the other Takis & Efi's apts over the rd abit further up from Takis 2,but hav never stayed there.

Did you get the probs sorted by owners/reps?As you say,what you experienced isn't acceptable even for a basic studio/apt.TBH,these apts are prob most basic we've had in Sidari compared say to the Loxides or Terezas which we've stayed at a few times each,but as said before,not had any real probs at Takis 2.

Hope you enjoyed your hol in Sidari anyway & that these probs didn't put you off visiting again.At least you know there's tons of other places you can stay around the resort where hopefully you'll hav better apts & none of the above problems.I'll let you know how we get on when we come back.Only a few more days to go for us!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any advice

Hi Pam.....and Welcome to the Sidari Forum......

Sidari would definitely suit families like yours. There are plenty of water sports on offer, local travel companies which arrange boat trips, beach BBQ's, trips to Corfu Town etc. You can hire a car and travel around the north of the Island which I think is the best part of Corfu too.

I would look to the Canal D'Amour area, which is about a 10-15 minute walk to the centre of Sidari. The Kanali, Olgas, Christos apartments.

Or at the other end of Sidari....Christinas, Orestis, Stema apartments.

There are plenty of apartments to choose from in these areas.

Fi

Auchencairn, null...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any advice

Thank you Fi for that,have you any experience of the Yiannis Village apartments they look quite nice.What trips would you recommend,and for eating out. thanks

Edited: 06 August 2014, 21:40
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any advice

Hi Pam

Yiannis Village are lovely apartments with a lovely pool too. They are situated where you enter Sidari from Corfu Town. It is about a 20-25 minute walk to the Strip. I have attached the Sidari Map for you - look towards the bottom left and you will see where Yiannis Village is. There are a couple of great tavernas near there, Bavias Taverna (which is marked on the map) and Salt and Pepper (not marked on the map).

Yiannis Village also do great food too...They also get a lot of repeat guests.

www.sidari.info/sidari-map.

If you want trips - walk along the strip and you will see Vlasseros Travel (on your left walking in) opposite The Three Brothers Hotel. Pop in there to get advice on trips you would like to do. If you have not visited Corfu before, then a trip to Corfu Town - The Old Town and the Liston...you can book that at Vlasseros, also the boat trip to Corfu Town is nice too.

Fi x

10. Re: Any advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sidari