We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila/Vigan/Laoag/Pagudpud

Abu Dhabi, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Manila/Vigan/Laoag/Pagudpud

Hi! Me and my wife are planning on a long drive trip to Pagudpud from manila, our plan is to leave on August 13 and return back to manila on the 17th. I need some tips on where we should stay for the first night either in Vigan or Laoag. I dont think i can drive all the way from manila to Pagudpud so for the first night we plan to spend the night somewhere in between. On our way back were planning on doing the same but in Baguio,. Is the road safe going to baguio from Vigan? Is the road similar from Kennon road? And also, how much budget do you think we should allot? we'll be staying in Pagudpud for 2 nights (hannah's beach resort) and try to visit all tourist spots and do most activities around that area (except for the waterfalls & trekking).Do you think P30k max. is a good budget? including petrol. Our vehicle would consume about 9-10km per litre so that leaves us with about 20k budget for accomodation, food, etc.

thanks! =)

6 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,161 posts
1,636 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila/Vigan/Laoag/Pagudpud

I stayed at Ciudad Fernandina Hotel in Vigan which I found fantastic. Located right next to Calle Cristologo. My wife and I loved Vigan and we will return. Food is great and make sure you allocate enough time. We regretted staying only 3D2N. My review here:

tripadvisor.com.au/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

This place has recently opened in Vigan is getting great reviews and is high on my list for my next trip:

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g424958-d642…

In Laoag Balay da Blas Pensionne House is worth considering. We didnt stay here but looked at their rooms which were lovely and wished we stayed there instead of our hotel. Located right in town.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g612374-d123…

We dined at their restaurant called Saramsam which was fantastic. My review:

tripadvisor.com.au/…REVIEWS

Whilst its a bit of a drive from your resort BergBlick Restaurant (its located at Saud Beach area) is a must visit

with both German and local food. My review:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g676742-d…

Tommo

Edited: 22 May 2014, 11:47
Abu Dhabi, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila/Vigan/Laoag/Pagudpud

Thanks Tom! We'll check out Ciudad Fernandina Hotel once we've made up our mind if were staying in Vigan. Hotel Luna also looks great so we'll take a look at that as well. By the way, are there a lot of grilled sea food restaurants up at Pagudpud? any recommendations?

Thanks!

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,834 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila/Vigan/Laoag/Pagudpud

@ Eman

1) I agree with Tommo, Vigan is a better place to stay for the first night.

2) We had stayed at Villa Angela, which is a 100+ year old mansion converted into a hotel. Actually it feels more like you are staying in one of the rooms as a guest, since they have not altered the construction of the house much. And it feels nice walking down the cobbled pathways of Calle Crisologo (30 seconds from Villa Angela and most other hotels which are located in this vicinity)

More info here - tripadvisor.com.ph/Hotel_Review-g424958-d101…

3) Road Baguio to Vigan - is safe, but the last 1 hour stretch along the hills gets curvy. I have never liked driving there. If you have driven earlier to Baguio, you know what to expect. Do it during the day, and drive slow.

4) Budget = Hotels in Vigan will cost you around 2500-3500 pesos per 2 people, including breakfast.

5) Yes, I think P20k for the accommodation + food etc should be fine. Food at Vigan is not expensive (same costs as Baguio). Not sure about Pagudpud.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,161 posts
1,636 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila/Vigan/Laoag/Pagudpud

Pagudpud isnt a Boracay so dont expect lots of restaurant choices. Check the reviews on Tripadvisor for options.

Walking distance from Hannahs Beach Resort where you are staying is Kapuluan Vista Resort Restaurant. I had them added to TA after I dined there and all the reviews after me have been very good.

tripadvisor.com.au/…REVIEWS

Tommo

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila/Vigan/Laoag/Pagudpud

The road leading to Baguio is safe and Php30K budget is ok. There are many affordable accommodations in Baguio that you can choose from.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,161 posts
1,636 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila/Vigan/Laoag/Pagudpud

The OP has long been and gone now!

Tommo

Reply to: Manila/Vigan/Laoag/Pagudpud
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted