We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Six Sense Latitude Laamu Maldives

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Six Sense Latitude Laamu Maldives

I am interested in traveling to the Maldives and note that there have been not updated posts for the Latitude Laamu.

Has anyone been since its opening? Some feedback would be much appreciated

Thanks

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Six Sense Latitude Laamu Maldives

The resort is not still open... It will open at December 2010

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Six Sense Latitude Laamu Maldives

The website now has 2011 as the opening date so maybe next visit to the Maldives for me!

FS

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Six Sense Latitude Laamu Maldives

its going the usual maldives way of opening ..... expect it to be open within a year and fully operational within 18 mos ... unless something goes wrong of course

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
48 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Six Sense Latitude Laamu Maldives

I talked to a manager from Six Senses yesterday and he said the opening is now schedueled for June 2011 - but of course this still can change.

London
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Six Sense Latitude Laamu Maldives

You can see how it is coming along in the latest Resort Worker post that came out yesterday - …wordpress.com/2010/….

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Six Sense Latitude Laamu Maldives

i predict a soft opening for around feb 2012 .... anyone taking bets ? :)

7. Re: Six Sense Latitude Laamu Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2011, 11:04
Male
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Six Sense Latitude Laamu Maldives

Hello Everyone

My name is Lana and I'm the Events Coordinator at Six Senses Laamu.

To make it clear, our official opening date is set for April 2, 2011 and that's what we all are working towards. Yes, there were a couple of delays in our opening but sometimes things don't happen as quick and easy here in the Maldives as we would want them to happen, especially due to the remoteness of our location (far down to the south).

At this stage most of our facilities are either finished and just waiting to be furnished or are at the final stages of completion.

It's a beautiful property with absolutely stunning house reef just meters away from the shore and jetties and we all are looking forward to open it this April for our guests.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards

Lana

Stavanger, Norway
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Six Sense Latitude Laamu Maldives

Hi Lana,

We have actually booked with you for the beginning of October and really looking forward to this.

We are travelling with teenagers (2) age 13 and are woundering if you have any special activities for them ? We have been staying at several Six Senses Resorts and has always had a very good experiance.

We were looking forward to try the Water Suits but as we understood this will not be buildt is this correct ?

Regards

Cecilia

Male
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Six Sense Latitude Laamu Maldives

Hi Cecilia

Great! I'm looking forward to welcoming you and your family at the resort in October.

There will definitely be something for your children to do.

If they are into water sports, our diving & water sport center has lots of activities like surfing, kiteboarding, kneeboarding, windsurfing and catamaran sailing including lessons for these activities and equipment in different sizes.

If they are interested in marine life, there is a large variety of fish life around with encounters of grey reef sharks, white-tip reef sharks, barracudas, stingrays, big napoleon wrasses and of course turtles. We offer diving courses of different levels and also educating guided snorkelling trips with our marine biologist.

We will also have a kids' club with video games and Wii. Plus we are planning to have some teenager activities there. So I'm sure they'll find something to do.

Regarding Water Villa Suites, they will not be built by October but we will have finished one 2 Bedroom Beach Villa with pool by our opening in April and will be working on the other four so maybe this is something you want to try.

Best regards

Lana

Edited: 10 February 2011, 05:47