We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Instruction in Levi

Which Levi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
Ski Instruction in Levi

Hi we haven't booked any lessons yet and wondered what the format is... do you all turn up on the first day and do a little demo? What are the instructors like and do they take you out and show you all the various pistes... sounds like you have to do a bit of exploring yourself! I understand that lessons are only for an hour and half, can you choose whether you go morning or afternoon? We have one beginner in our group and the rest are intermediate...ish.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

England
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Instruction in Levi

Are you booking through your tour operator or direct with the ski school?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Instruction in Levi

Hi we are booking direct with the ski school, we don't book with the tour operator because we've usually found that it's a bit cheaper booking direct and you can choose where to get your boots and skis from rather than stick to the tour operators. Have to say though that we've never skied in Lapland before and are really looking forward to going in March... any info would be greatly appreciated.

nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski Instruction in Levi

hi

it is cheaper to book straight at the school the lesson is for an hour and a half but you can have longer and you can also choose which ski instructor you want. i think the only problem youl find is that having one beginner in the group will prevent you all from going up the slopes as they take beginners on the kids land youd probley be best letting the beginner have a private lesson i know this will cost more as its cheaper to do it in a group but having a one to one will ensure that after the first day they will be on the slopes anyway we go every year but it was only last year that i started to ski i had one lesson with my son and partner and within two days we was ski in down the button slopes we also did the family run which i must say was great two and half mile long nice and steady all tho to be fair i was scared to death but the rest of my family all ski great and go of the gondla youll love it

thanks dani

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski Instruction in Levi

Hi thanks for that Dani, we were all hoping to be able to join an appropriate group like we've done in the past not necessarily all together. My friend has skied before but only in a beginner group and she is very timid about it so was hoping to join a group of beginners this time. She did have a couple of private lessons last year but didn't like one to one... maybe she got the wrong man! Anyway I was hoping someone would tell me if we could book group lessons and how it worked. Usually everyone turns up on the first morning and is graded, we don't mind not skiing together in lessons as we can join up later in the week. Thanks again for you reply.

Swindon
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ski Instruction in Levi

We skied for the first time as a family at Xmas in Levi - had private lessons and booked direct with he ski school.

My advice would be to email them at skischool@levi.fi and ask them all the questions that you want - they are very helpful and will do the best to accommodate the different levels.

nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ski Instruction in Levi

hi again

you are able to join in other groups thats no problem but i thought you ment that you all wanted to be in one group i was talking about private lessons they do group sessions for everyone and anyone what happens is there a hut at the bottom of the slopes ski school that you do your bookings at you just turn up and tell them when you wanna go and for how long

hope you all have a great time

if you require any more info let me know many thanks dani

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ski Instruction in Levi

Thanks Jasric and Dani, both answers are very helpful, think I might take your advice Jasric and email the ski school, thanks again.

Chester
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ski Instruction in Levi

For beginners its def cheaper to book in the UK, £185 for 5 days 1.5hrs lessons at 10am, ski boots, poles and skis for 7 days and lift pass for 7 days, those that booked this in resort didnt get the free lift pass (not sure if they got the equip hire for the additional two days)...we booked with inghams but most tour operators do it. As far as i could see there was only one place to get the skis from and that was zero point but i could be wrong. On the beginners deal you can swap your skis for cross country skis at the end of the week for free. Lots of intermeidate people went on the beginners course, brushed up on the basics and then went off on their own after a few days (dont tell the teacher this though as they will move you to intermediate group which is a lot more expensive). Could be a cheaper way for you to do it, and then you could also book a private lesson or two but you will already have your equipment and lift pass then :-)

Finland
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ski Instruction in Levi

Skis and snowboards can be hired from five rentals: Zero Point at Front pistes, Intersport rental (intermediate and expert skiers), Gondola rental (experts), Northeast piste rental (experts) at lift nr 6 and South piste rental (beginners) lift nr 8. I prefer the Intersport rental. Btw, Intersport also hires ski clothing.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ski Instruction in Levi

Wow thanks for those two replys, just the detail I was looking for.... the beginner in our group has already booked a Learn To Ski pack with Inghams this year, we go to Austria next week, she was afraid that she couldn't book a second one because she would no longer be classed as a beginner even though I'd advised her to do that. I don't think I'd want to ski with a beginner group even for a couple of days as I'd get a bit bored, I've done this in the past many years ago and wasted a couple of days, however my friends husband was a novice last year and progressed really fast so he might be interested in your suggestion to join the beginners for a couple of days. Thanks for the tips on hire shops, we'll certainly check all those out.