We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inghams Early Bird for half term 2011?

east sussex
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Inghams Early Bird for half term 2011?

We have managed to save for another holiday to Lapland for Feb 2011 after our last one in Feb 2008 ( thinking it would be a once in a life time trip) Should we be booking Early Bird with Inghams or should we wait? I've seen some of you have got some great deals recently.... my problem is that we can only do school holidays!. Also loved Ruka , and hubby would love to go back, I feel we should 'explore' somewhere else.... any suggestions?

St Ives, United...
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inghams Early Bird for half term 2011?

Personally i would wait until around may time until you book and just keep a close eye on there website and prices.

Although inghams have the early bird discounts on at the moment prices do tend drop again around may/june time giving even better discounts than there early bird discounts.

We have another deal to yllas for next week via lastminute.com and although i have been keeping a very close eye on the inghams site and lastminute.com there hasnt been very much around for february half term week.

There have been a few for half term week to yllas and ruka but thats not to say there will be next year.

east sussex
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Inghams Early Bird for half term 2011?

Thanks Bluny. Hope you have another fantastic time. I'm getting excited already and I haven't even booked and it's over a year away.....It's the knowing I'm able to go after a lot of hard saving!!

canterbury
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inghams Early Bird for half term 2011?

I have the same dilema seems to be a few bargains around at the moment for travel now but would like to go next year also but cant decide if I should book now or hold out until next year like you we need to go in the school holidays

Good luck with whatever you decide hope you manage to find yourself a bargain

east sussex
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Inghams Early Bird for half term 2011?

Good luck to you to . I'm sure whatever it will cost (the lower the better) we will have a great time !!

Levi, Finland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Inghams Early Bird for half term 2011?

Remember that mid-February begins the high season at Lapland resorts. What is there left to buy if you wait until last moments?

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inghams Early Bird for half term 2011?

it maybe peak period in Finland but the only barings on the cost of holidays here is the UK school holidays, so whilst Finland may have holidays spread over a 3 week period in Feb only the one week that the schools in the UK will be more expensive, the others will be cheap and there will be lots of deals about, as there are already

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
393 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inghams Early Bird for half term 2011?

We were thinking about last minute deals for next year but you don't get the choice of hotels or resorts, however there have been a lot of good deals around this year. Having said that we always book well in advance as Inghams earlybird bookings do come at a good saving. However we can go outside school holidays so it's better for us... good luck with whatever you choose.

east sussex
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Inghams Early Bird for half term 2011?

I'm still really keen to get something booked. Can't decide where to go. Too many choices!! Does any body know when the Early Bird offer ends.? Thanks.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
393 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inghams Early Bird for half term 2011?

Not 100% sure when the Inghams EB offers end, it used to be when they published the new brochure but I think it lasted well into May in 2009 maybe even longer. I know exactly what you mean about booking sooner rather than later and about the choices on offer. We've skied in Austria for years and have always loved it until we found Lapland a few years ago but we do feel that we should try somewhere different. We have toyed with the idea of Canada or US but have decided that it's too far for skiing when there are plenty of fab places in Europe..... decisions, decisions!!!

10. Re: Inghams Early Bird for half term 2011?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2010, 05:16