We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finnish holidays 2013

Which Levi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kent
Level Contributor
158 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Finnish holidays 2013

Hiya

Please can anyone tell me which week is the Finnish holidays in feb 2013?

We are booked to arrive feb 24th. I think this is week 10.

Many thanks

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,014 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finnish holidays 2013

School holidays start from the South with week 8, Central Finland w 9 and Northern Finland w 10. Weeks 8 and 9 are busy, week 10 is not that busy.

kent
Level Contributor
158 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finnish holidays 2013

Thank you v much polarbearfin. One of our trips back in 2004 we clashed with the southern holidays and it was so busy! Albeit 8 years ago... Levi was a lot quieter. .. We are definetly week going week 10. ... So that should be good. Thanks

Norwich, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Finnish holidays 2013

HI there

What about the summer holidays? We went to the nortn in the 1st week of August once and it was very quiet.

I know that June 18th is the big holidays. But what about the first two weeks of June?

Thanks

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finnish holidays 2013

Most FInns start their summer vacation aroud Midsummer, towards the end of June. July is the peak season. But the north isn't the top summer destination so no rush to be expected.

The school holidays are June to mid August.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,014 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finnish holidays 2013

Norther Finland during the summer is only crowded by mosquitoes!

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Finnish holidays 2013

Hello can anyone help me.. i need to know the school terms for Finland 2013 and when the holidays are?

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,014 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finnish holidays 2013

School winter holidays start from the South with week 8, Central Finland w 9 and Northern Finland w 10. Weeks 8 and 9 are busy in Lapland, week 10 is not that busy.

School summer holidays are from week 23 to week 33, no crowds in Lapland.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Finnish holidays 2013

Hello, i am from Australia and dont know what week 8 means. could you please give dates? Thank you so much for your help

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,014 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finnish holidays 2013

WHAT!!!

Each year is divided into 52 weeks; days from Monday to Sunday form a week. I cannot believe that calendars in Australia would not have weeks numbered, how very inconvenient!

Anyway week 8 is the last full week in Feb; calendar-365.com/calendar/2013/February.html

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finnish holidays 2013

The number of the week is the ordinance number of the week in question. You start counting weeks from the beginning of the year, next year week one will start on 31 Dec 2012, week 2 on 7 Jan 2013, week 3 on 14 January 2013 and so on. At least in most European countries the ordinance numbers of the weeks are marked in (some) calendars.

Week 8: 18 - 25 February 2013

Week 9: 26 February - 4 March 2013

Week 10: 5 - 10 March 2013

Another peak season in Finnish Lapland is Easter weekend (and to some extent the weeks surrounding it): 29 March - 1 April 2013.

Edited: 25 June 2012, 07:55