We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Warmer?!?!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Warmer?!?!

Hi Guys

Well we are off a week on Sunday and the weather forecast for that time seems to be rather warm with rain - please tell me the snow conditions will still be ok?! Usually go end of Jan and am therefore used to really cold temps and no chance of snow melting so fretting a little bit now! Especially as i had a dream last night that it was so warm and rained all day our first day that all the snow melted hahahaha!!

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Warmer?!?!

Trust me you didnt want to go at the end of jan begnining of feb this year . I arrived on the 5th of feb and it was -32 as soon as i got off the plane . For the first 3 days it never got above -26. Where as the year before when i went it got to a minuim of -25 . The last 3 days where i nice -11 this year . The best time go is middle of feb to the end of feb but is expensive

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Warmer?!?!

http://www.foreca.com/Finland/Levi

So far the temp seems to stay below zero, so the rain will come as snow.

I'm really no expert on ski conditions though...

Finland
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Warmer?!?!

there is absolutely no problem with the snow. There is over 1 meter still natural snow and at the slopes theres is much generated snow.

Sami

4. Re: Getting Warmer?!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:42