We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking day trips in December

London, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Booking day trips in December

Hi,

I just booked a week in Levi in late December 2013 with my husband (staying at crazy reindeer). I expect this will be a busy time there! We didn't book with a tour provider so I am wondering if anyone had any success with booking day activities such as huskies, reindeer safaris etc after they arrived in December or are they all already booked out? Or does anyone know any options for booking in advance?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking day trips in December

As you're not travelling with a tour operator, you can only book the excursions in advance either with the tourist info or directly with the programme providers: see further info e.g. here levi.fi/en/experiences/levi-full-of-action/a… . The excursions are seldom booked out, except if you're there for the extreme peak times, which coincide also with Finnish public holidays (such as Christmas & New Year).

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking day trips in December

you dont need to book in advance, you can book when you get there - we did

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking day trips in December

Santa activities may be booked out in Christmas, the others very seldom. But if you're there exactly at Christmas (24 - 26 Dec), booking ahead for this time is advisable because during the Christmas holidays they will have reduced operating hours and probably less human resources and thus limited offer. From last year on this forum I remember a couple of posts about activities been booked out for the Christmas holidays in Levi.

Edited: 12 July 2013, 08:45
London, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking day trips in December

Thanks so much for all your help Zam. I spent ages on the tourist information website yesterday and completely missed that section you posted (such a weird layout for a website - I was on the right page but missed the links on the side). I emailed them yesterday morning so guess will wait to hear back :) I'd like to book in advance just to be sure - we usually aim to keep super busy on our trips!

Oh, edited to add we are going from the 16-22 December, so not quite over Christmas but very close.

Edited: 12 July 2013, 08:59
5. Re: Booking day trips in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:18