We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Levi over Christmas. Tips needed.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Levi over Christmas. Tips needed.

Hi,

Myself, husband and five year old are going to Levi on 22nd December for a week, staying in the Immelmokit cabins. We're combining skiing with the whole Santa experience for my son. I've already booked Santas secret hideaway and husky safari. I was wondering what other trips are a must? Also, are there good restaurants to eat in? And what is the local supermarket like? Can you buy beer and wine??? Lol. I've read reviews about people hiring thermal suits..... We have our ski wear( which we wore in canada when it was -28 degrees) is this enough or will we need the thermal suits? Also, what do people dress like to go to restaurants in the evening? This sounds silly but we have limited baggage obviously and I have to take Christmas presents with me so was wondering how much else I'll need clothing wise aside from my ski wear?? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Leanne.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,919 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Levi over Christmas. Tips needed.

There's plenty of restaurants in Levi: levi.fi/en/food-fun/levis-best-dishes.html

There are three supermarkets in Levi (K Supermarket Levi-Market, S Market Levi and K Market Sirkan kauppa. Levi-Market is the most central and largest and has the best selection. All in all you can find there everything you can possible want, except wines or spirits. These you can get in Alko stores (nextdoor to the S Market). Supermarkets sell medium-strength beer and cider (up to 4.7%). Your ski wear will do fine, but remember the thermal underwear and warming layers. For hints see http://www.lapland.fruitbandit.com . For informal family dinners people don't dress up, especially not in the ski resorts. It's all very laid-back even in the fancier restaurants. For men dressing up in Lappish ski resorts means maybe putting a button shirt, neat jeans and a pullover on, for women a neat top and trousers or skirt. No need for evening gowns or suits.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Levi over Christmas. Tips needed.

Thanks so much for your help. Yeh we've all got good base layers and polartec fleeces etc so should be ok. As long as we can get a bottle of wine for Christmas Eve in our cabin and some bits and bobs that I can cook a meal out of I'm happy.

Thanks again.

Leanne

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Levi over Christmas. Tips needed.

We just took our ski wear last dec and was fine. Layers is a must but it was probably a lot colder in Canada than it will be in levi. We did the santa secret hideaway plus skiing and huskies and snowmobiles. You will have a great time. Its magical.

4. Re: Levi over Christmas. Tips needed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Levi