We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Baracoa and Alexander Von Humboldt Natioanal Park

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Baracoa and Alexander Von Humboldt Natioanal Park

I am headed to Eastern Cuba in a few weeks, and was thinking of putting Baracoa and Alexander Von Humboldt National Park on the Agenda.

I will take any advice that folks are willing to share.... accommodations, trails, Casa Particulares, Restaurants etc.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Baracoa and Alexander Von Humboldt Natioanal Park

Here's a recent discussion about Baracoa:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k45019…

As for restaurants, you'll see from that thread that there's about one reasonable option in town.

As for casas, no need to book. You will be found by someone the minute you set foot in Baracoa who will drown you with options. Baracoa is loaded with casas.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Baracoa and Alexander Von Humboldt Natioanal Park

I visited Alexander Von Humboldt National Park many years ago and my one outstanding memory is that I had never sweated so much in my entire life. The humidity was mind boggling. I couldn't wait to escape to the nearest bar with cold beer. ;-)

Lots of interesting stuff though. If you're into plants and fauna you'll love it.

Cheers,

Terry

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,720 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Baracoa and Alexander Von Humboldt Natioanal Park

I don't know your reason for visiting the NP but if it's an interest in nature, then Rancho Belen, south east of Camaguey might appeal. There's a bit about our recent visit here ...

travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

4. Re: Advice on Baracoa and Alexander Von Humboldt Natioanal Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 10:41
Get answers to your questions about Baracoa