We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sarteneja advice...

West Virginia
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
sarteneja advice...

Hello! Our daughter will be working at Wildtracks this summer and my wife and I will be visiting for a weekend in late July or the first week in August. We are planning to fly into Belize City and then hopefully charter a Tropic Air flight to Sarteneja directly. My wife suffers from motion sickness easily and 30min on a small plane beats 4+ bus hours hands down!

Is Fernando's Guest House the best place to stay? Is it the only place to stay? Are the restaurants mentioned in other older posts still open? Is there any way to secure a car to use there, or would we need to rent in Belize City and drive up it we wanted that? We will, of course, visit the sanctuary, but would also like to snorkel some, maybe go to Caye Caulker one day.... anything else local we should not miss? Any ruins close enough for such a short visit?

Thanks!

Mike

1 reply
Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,332 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sarteneja advice...

The closest ruin is at Cerros, but it's a small site -- take plenty of mosquito repellent.

The next closest is the Santa Rita site in Corozal Town, but it;s also very small.

The best closest site is Lamanai, near Orange Walk.

Reply to: sarteneja advice...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sarteneja
Recent Conversations