We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Compare Paloma Hotels

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Compare Paloma Hotels

After a wonderful trip to the Paloma Renaissance last month I am considering booking another Paloma Hotel for next summer, I'm looking at the Oceana in Side or the Grida Village in Belek.

Has anyone who's stayed at more than one of these hotels give me a comparison between them to help me choose. We liked the beautiful gardens and relaxing atmosphere of the Renaissance and are looking for something similar.

scotland
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Compare Paloma Hotels

We had the same problem, couldn't choose. The family-friendly pull of the Grida or the location of the Oceana. After lots of brilliant advice, we went for the Oceana as it seems to offer us the best of both worlds but since you don't mention kids, this maybe won't be much help to you.

We did think the Grida seemed more laid back so we are going to try that one next time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Compare Paloma Hotels

Thank you so much for your reply.

We do have 2 kids, aged 7 and 10. They are always happy just with the pools and waterslides, (not interested in kids clubs), which both hotels have. We will be looking for a room for the 4 of us with separate sleeping areas, it seems both provide these, did you have one at the Oceana?

We also like to be in rural setting, not interested in shopping or being near a town as we like it quiet, just chilling out around the pool! Is it quiet there or are you hassled by the entertainment team and subjected to loud music all day?

I know we probably sound quite boring but I do like to enjoy a peaceful family holiday and live in fear of holiday camp type atmospheres!

Was the food good?

scotland
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Compare Paloma Hotels

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear there. We haven't been yet, just booked the Oceana. I had lots of good advice from people who had been though on here and on their Facebook page.

We wanted to be close to a town as we do like to explore and the Oceana is close enough to Side to have a trip in if we felt like it. Belek seemed to have less to offer in that way. Grida also gave the impression it was geared more for younger children. Ours are 10 and 12 and would not be interested in kids clubs either but because there is one at Oceana for kids that age, I thought maybe more parents of similar aged kids would be attracted there.

I do think the village at the Grida sounded appealing and the waterpark looked good too. It took us a long time to decide but we have made our choice and we are happy with it.

Here's hoping it is as good as it seems:)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Compare Paloma Hotels

Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick there!

Enjoy your holiday at the Oceana and I will keep an eye out for your review when you return.

Thanks again.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Compare Paloma Hotels

We have stayed at the Paloma Club Sultan In Ozdere near Kusadasi. Fantastic place for all ages. Fantastic infinity pool and 2 lovely private beaches. Had our son with us who was then 11 and 12 (we've been twice!) He loved it with waterslides and beaches, Food fantastic rooms fantastic. We loved it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Compare Paloma Hotels

Thankyou. We stayed in kusadasi last year and our transfer coach stopped for a pick up at the club Sultan and it did look lovely. That was one reason that we chose a Paloma hotel this year.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Compare Paloma Hotels

Thankyou. We stayed in kusadasi last year and our transfer coach stopped for a pick up at the club Sultan and it did look lovely. That was one reason that we chose a Paloma hotel this year.

8. Re: Compare Paloma Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 05:17