We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi/Car from Cochin Airport to Kumarakom

Which Kumarakom hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi/Car from Cochin Airport to Kumarakom

Hi!

I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions on taxis/car service from Cochin Airport to Kumarakom. What would be an acceptable fare for a one-way ride in both directions? If any one has knowledge of a reputable company which can arrange the trip both ways, I would appreciate your input!

I also understand that you can take pre-paid taxis from the Cochin Airport.

Are they safe and reliable for two American females traveling alone? Any idea of the fare?

Thanks for your time!

1. Re: Taxi/Car from Cochin Airport to Kumarakom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2013, 16:35
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi/Car from Cochin Airport to Kumarakom

Kerala is really women-friendly. I don't have any data to back that up, it's just the feeling you get when you walk on the road. People don't HASSLE you and ogle and comment etc, they're really nice when you stop and ask for directions, and really the number of friendly smiles you get is amazing. I think you will be quite safe.

New York City
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi/Car from Cochin Airport to Kumarakom

Thank you, Deepak and Deepa, for your input(s)!

My girlfriend and her friend arrive at Kochi Airport on June 23rd and are going to make the journey onwards to stay at the Kumarakom Lake Resort for 3 nights, after which they will head back to Kochi Airport for a flight to Bangalore and then back to the US from there.

The hotel offered to arrange transfers for Rs. 3,500 each way, which I find a tad exorbitant! I posted a message on the Kerala Tourism Board's website, and have so far received quotes ranging from Rs. 1,000 - Rs. 1,450 each way. That sounds a lot more reasonable than KLR's quote.

Deepa, I am reassured that Kerela is much more female-friendly than the North.

New York City
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi/Car from Cochin Airport to Kumarakom

Just wanted to let you know that I have arranged for transport for them both way via a reputable operator for Rs. 4,200 round-trip (all inclusive). A/C Tata Indigo. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi/Car from Cochin Airport to Kumarakom

Kumarakom Lake Resort is a pretty nice place, with a very unusual restaurant.

New York City
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi/Car from Cochin Airport to Kumarakom

Appreciate the thummbs up on KLR!

How is the restaurant unique?

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi/Car from Cochin Airport to Kumarakom

They have dismantled and reassambled a heritage building formerly used to train people in a form of traditonal martial arts( kalaripayittu) and then re-assembled it there as a semi-open air(non a/c) restaurant. The structure is made entirely of wood, and looks very nice.

New York City
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi/Car from Cochin Airport to Kumarakom

That's an interesting bit of information. Thanks for sharing! I have seen some very flattering pictures of the place, and I am sure they will find the ambience wonderful.

9. Re: Taxi/Car from Cochin Airport to Kumarakom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 05:35