We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Munnar & Kumarakom

Which Kumarakom hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kolkata
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Stay in Munnar & Kumarakom

Hi! We are planning for a visit to Kerala in first week of October. We are a bit confused whether we should stay 3 nights in Kumarakom and 2 nights in Munnar or 3 nights in Munnar and 2 nights in Kumarakom? We are planning for a night's stay in Cochin and Periyar each. Pls advice. Can we access Allepey beach from Kumarakom?

Alappuzha, India
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Munnar & Kumarakom

Hi.

Arriving at Cochin and stay one night in a sea face room.

Transfer to Munnar, stay 3 nights in Rpplesnrock, water frontage property.

Thekkady wild life sanctuary one night stay.

and Kumarakom Kanjirathumkattu heritage home 2 nights.

Kumarakom to Alleppey through backwater.

enjoy beach at Alleppey,

Back to Cochin.

Gr8 Kerala Holidays !!!!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Munnar & Kumarakom

I went through the same confusion last month and have decided to drop cochin, and goto just munnar 3 days and kukmarakom 3 days. Planning for september.

After doing a lot of research, I decided to stay at silvertips munnar basically due to reviews on tripadvisor.

For kumarakom, I am thinking about the Taj package. It looks very attractive.

3. Re: Stay in Munnar & Kumarakom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2012, 00:41
Cochin
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in Munnar & Kumarakom

Hi Riya_C,

You may look at it like this,

Munnar is a scenic hill station, with quite a bit of sightseeing opportunities. You would travel a lot, may be even trek the hills, if interested.

Kumarakom on the other hand, is a beautiful backwater destination for Ayurveda, relaxation, rejuvenation, authentic Kerala fish delicacies and more.

Now you may decide - if your trip is more sightseeing oriented, please give weightage to Munnar. Or if you are inclined more on a relaxing vacation, please spend more of your time in Kumarakom.

Regards,

Team tennderGreens Holidays

Cochin
Level Contributor
365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay in Munnar & Kumarakom

Dear Riya_C,

Another option can be 02 N in Munnar, 02 N Kumarakom and 01 N in Houseboat /Marari Beach

Regards

Travel Cochin

kolkata
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay in Munnar & Kumarakom

Thanks for all the suggestions - finally booked 2 nights in Kumarakom and 3 nights in Munnar - a night in Periyar Wild Life sanctuary in between to do the boat cruise in the morning and then move on. Will spend a night in Fort Kochi on our way back as it will be convenient to catch the flight from there. Will do whatever sight seeing we can do in Kochi in the afternoon we reach there and morning the next day before we catch our flight. would have truly loved to spend a day more in kumarakom - but unfortunately time does not permit.

Now we want to do a day cruise by houseboat in Kumarakom as a whole day one will be a bit tight on our schedule, can anyone suggest how that can be done? What are the durations of these day trips? Approx cost for me, my husband a child of 10? We'll be staying in Coco Bay Resorts - very near bird sanctuary. From where can we book these houseboats - should we do it in advance? We'll be arriving in Kumarakom one evening and have to do this day trip the next day itself. So no time for information searching once I reach there.

Looking forward to your suggestions please.

Regards

Riya

Edited: 08 September 2011, 07:09
Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
106 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stay in Munnar & Kumarakom

Riya, hi, Tripadvisor has good reviews on Coco Bay resorts.. I think, it will the right choice for 2 days stay there with a boat cruise..We are couple..

Your suggestions are welcome..

Pune, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stay in Munnar & Kumarakom

pl can you tell me the attractive tak package?

Pune, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stay in Munnar & Kumarakom

Please can u tell me the attractive Taj package?

10. Re: Stay in Munnar & Kumarakom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 15:15