We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental apartments or guest houses in Mwanza?

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rental apartments or guest houses in Mwanza?

I will be spending 6-12 months in Mwanza beginning next year to do research and am looking for inexpensive but safe lodgings. I would prefer to be near the city center or on Bugando hill, but am flexible. Because I will be there so long, hotels are not an option, and though I would prefer self-catering or apartment, I am open to guest houses as well. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am having a frustrating time trying to find anything online so if you have email addresses or contact information, that is even better! Also, if anyone else has been in a similar situation and can tell be about how much each month they paid in rent, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental apartments or guest houses in Mwanza?

I don't have any direct contacts, but boy am I jealous!

I would recommend that you reach out to some of the non-profits to see where they live and if they have people who have needed to find accommodation lately.

There are some big ones there like Amref. Send them an email and see if anyone is willing to help. But you'll want to be as specific as you can in regards to your expectations. The price range is quite large, I'm sure.

Or contact Bugando Hospital, and see if they can connect you. I'm sure they get a lot of volunteers who have had the same questions.

Have you seen the Mwanza website, I'm sure? www.mwanza-guide.com

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental apartments or guest houses in Mwanza?

Do look on the Mwanza guide. There is a long term stay on that web site with some apartment information for Mwanza.

Another alternative you might try is to contact Paula Lofstrom in Mwanza and she might be of assistance to you. She is a nurse with a physician husband and they are building a hospital facility there. She is very helpful. Her e-mail address is paula@ihptz.org and you can use my name to tell who told you to contact her if you wish. I would do this very soon as they are returning to the US for several months (they come to the US for fund raising for several months every year). She looks at her e-mail regularly. They have a guest house in their compound where you might be able to put up if it's convenient for you, very reasonable charges and they have a cook which prepares food for the guests. This guest house is typically used for the volunteers and medical students/personnel who come there to work.

ryazan
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental apartments or guest houses in Mwanza?

hi,im hoping to start my internship in bugando hospital from next jan.n looking for safe accommodation for me n my husband. can anyone help me plz?

4. Re: Rental apartments or guest houses in Mwanza?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2011, 06:24