We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari from Mwanza to Arusha July 2011

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Safari from Mwanza to Arusha July 2011

Hey all,

I'm planning on doing a 4 day Safari from Mwanza to Arusha starting on the 10th of July 2011. As i'm travelling alone even the budget Safaris are quite expensive. I'm looking for some people to share the costs of a budget safari with, i think the Safari would spend 2 days in Seregeti and 1 and a 1/2 days in the Ngorongoro crater arriving in the afternoon of the 13th in Arusha.

Please email me if your interested!

mrmarvin86@hotmail.com

Cheers!

Marvin

Vienna
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari from Mwanza to Arusha July 2011

Are your dates fixed? - Would like to do this after July 20th. J

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari from Mwanza to Arusha July 2011

Hey,

Yes sorry my dates are fixed - I cant change my dates.....

Cheers

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari from Mwanza to Arusha July 2011

I have to guess that finding someone else to join on that specific date from Mwanza is likely to be impossible. One suggestion: Get a bus to Serengeti Stopover - You could easily do this from the Mwanza bus stand for a couple of dollars and be there in a couple of hours. Just make sure you request the stop and remind the bus driver to drop you right at the place. I don't think it's too far from the main road. Contact Serengeti Stopover to make sure this will work. And then take some day safaris with them into the Serengeti. While in the Serengeti, ask your guide to ask around for you to get a lift back to Arusha. There are a lot of empty cars leaving the Central Serengeti after bringing their clients to the Seronera (or even Grumeti) airstrip. You could then catch a lift back to Arusha for nothing or next to nothing. The trick is catching that ride, but in July, I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities. Heck, just go to the airstrip and you'll find guides dropping their guests there. 9 times out of 10 they will be heading to Arusha. Not sure how you can finaggle a stop at the crater, but this is at least an idea to get you the Serengeti portion and a ride back to Arusha for minimal cost. There are also buses that pass through the Serengeti and you could always catch one of those as a lost resort. But they are quite infrequenta and there's a good chance you'll need to stand the whole way unless you pre-arrange - like the day before. Ask the local folks to help you and they will probably know.

4. Re: Safari from Mwanza to Arusha July 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: today, 15:18