We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bathrooms at the Pericles Hotel

london
Level Contributor
722 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Bathrooms at the Pericles Hotel

Hi,

Can anyone give me an idea how basic the bathrooms are at the Pericles.

I love Sami & it looks so lovely around the Pericles. However although the bedrooms look ok , some of the pictures of the bathrooms look a bit dire!

Any info welcomed on this hotel.

Thanks,

leo

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bathrooms at the Pericles Hotel

very dire,they are not all the same though,we had a shower with a curtain the size of a broom cupboard,our friends were next door had a shower over a bath,the rooms were very small with a tiny balcony,the hotel pool was very good,the bar was ok but closed at 12 on the dot,not a minute after,stelios the manager reminded us of basil faulty,the hotel is a bit of a walk from town and there is no pavement,there is a slightly longer walk to town down a lane behind the hotel it was a lot safer than the main road which gets very busy each time a ferry comes in,we had a good time but would not stay there again.

london
Level Contributor
722 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bathrooms at the Pericles Hotel

Hi Cuz62,

It's hard to know what to do! Sami is lovely & the pool area looks lovely at the Pericles .

Price wise it's coming up a lot cheaper & I keep thinking about all the lovely meals we could have at the harbour & out & about.

How did your friends find their room? I would definitely prefer the bath/shower option to please us both. I have emailed the hotel but no reply as yet.

I think we'll have to think hard about it .

Thanks again,

leo

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bathrooms at the Pericles Hotel

hot and stuffy like ours,the aircon is only on in peak season even though it was in the 30s ,also no fridges in the room as its bed and breakfast so no cold drink if you want one after the bar has closed,if you have medication they do let you use their kitchen sink so we were told,we liked sami but would not stay at the pericles again though,just a little to far from the front,

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bathrooms at the Pericles Hotel

I suppose it's all about what you want and expect for the price you want to pay! We have just got back from a fab time at the Pericles. We had no problems with anything, the bathroom we had (it had a bath) was fine for us, although others talked of just having a shower (with a curtain that stuck to you when you showered)! But hey....there's always the Ionian Emerald if you want luxury and the extra cost :)

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bathrooms at the Pericles Hotel

In response to Cuz 62, fridges are available for hire. Not expensive either, but we didn't bother, even though the temperatures were in the high 20'sC early 30's.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bathrooms at the Pericles Hotel

it was 2 years ago when we stayed there were no fridges then,nice pool shame about the hotel

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bathrooms at the Pericles Hotel

you get what you pay for i have been 5 times and going twice this yr so cant be tooooo bad have been in hotels with better bathrooms but i love all of Sami and we always stay at pericles nice quiet hotel in lovely settings. If you want 5 star pay douuble but its the same town same beach same island so no need to really

london
Level Contributor
722 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bathrooms at the Pericles Hotel

Thanks everyone.

Just really wondered if they only had a limited number of rooms with baths, had emailed the hotel but no response to date.

Hubby likes a shower ,I like a bath!

The Pericles looks ok & hopefully we'll get there one day as we love Sami & Cefalonia. We can do five star & one star , as long as a place is clean & comfortable & people are friendly we're fine with it.

We're returning to Parga(Greece) where our room was basic but very clean ,similar to the Pericles(had a bath!) but everyone was so friendly we had a really relaxing time.

So thanks everyone,enjoy your holidays wherever they may be!

leo

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bathrooms at the Pericles Hotel

i dont know how the rooms with baths are chosen,our room was the 2nd on the right after the reception desk it had no bath our friends were next door 3rd on the left and they had a bath with a shower,it was clean and tidy though

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bathrooms at the Pericles Hotel

that should have said 3rd on the right next door sorry

Get answers to your questions about Sami
Recent Conversations