We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in planning outings around Mount Abu

Which Mount Abu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pune, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help in planning outings around Mount Abu

On 17-18/11 evening, I and my wife will be near Abu Road for friend's wedding. From 18th evening to saturday,23/11; we intend to travel around the region in such a way that, we can return back to PUNE on Sunday,24/11. We are outdoor type of persons. We like to walk around, spending time studying heritage and the environment. Mount Abu is one of the places being visited. Are there any other places, which I can fit in the above schedule?

Accomodation can be in budget hotel. Maximum expectation from the lodging/hotel is to have homely experience at the place.

Please help me.

Thanks

-

Ameya Sathe

Edited: 22 September 2013, 13:30
India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help in planning outings around Mount Abu

I will udaipur, jodhpur and jaipur.

18/11 n 19/11 - udaipur ;

20/11 n 21/11 - jodhpur n 21/11 evening take train to jaipur

22/11 n 23/11 jaipur

Thanks nimbera

Pune, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help in planning outings around Mount Abu

Thank you Nimbera for your suggestions.

Even though the wedding is near abu road, I will not be able to visit Mount abu during the wedding days. Additionally, I need to be in pune in any case on sunday,24th. I will travel to pune by train or bus+train combination. Only bus travel & only flight travel does not suit my needs.

Hence, I have adopted your suggestions to the following:

I presume the check-out timings are: 10.00 am & checkin-timings are: 12.00pm

18th evening-20th checkout: Mount Abu

20th checkin - 21st checkout: Udaipur

21st checking-22nd checkout: Jodhpur

22nd checkout to Pune by train.

Any other suggestions. Is the Mount Abu wildlife sanctuary worth visiting?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help in planning outings around Mount Abu

Hi

Nice itinerary made, added important places..

Abu wildlife sanctuary is not full of wildlife and not a national park,..if you have limited time I won't suggest that one..better concentrate on other parts..

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help in planning outings around Mount Abu

I too agree with your itinerary to utilized your rime to cover all popular station with in range of your wedding destination.

Mt Abu - wildlife is not much to see, but have seen nature lover they don't mind, even if they don't see anything just few birds and jungle.

Trekking rock climbing, water sports in Nakki lake are the activities of your interest.

A place called Pavapuri close to sirohi is also worth if you are nearby during weddings

Ranakpur jain temple , and Kumbhalgarh fort ( world heritage monuments ) are also worth if these places fit in your itinerary

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help in planning outings around Mount Abu

Hi

Can also visit ambaji temple and gabbar temple which is near to abu road towards ahmedabad

6. Re: Help in planning outings around Mount Abu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Mount Abu