We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time

Paris, France
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time

Hi I will be travelling from Nainital to Ranikhet & then moving on to Kausani for night stay. Can you please advise me on travel time between Nainital to Ranikhet & Ranikhet to Kausani? How much time I can get in between for Ranikhet site seeing?

Thanks

84 replies to this topic
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,018 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time

Below are distances given and travel time you can calculate with an average speed of 25-30kms.per hour as traffic is slow in hills.

Nainital to Ranikhet – 59kms

Ranikhet to Kausani – 76kms

deepak

Edited: 12 May 2012, 11:48
Paris, France
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time

Thnx

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,422 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time

giwa_IND

The travel times are as follows :

Nainital to Ranikhet = 2.5 hrs and Ranikhet to Kausani 2.5 - 3 hrs.

AshisRoy

Edited: 12 May 2012, 12:42
Paris, France
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time

Thank you Mr. Ashish.

Can you please help me with MUST to visit places on the route --Nainital - Ranikhet - Kausani. ?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Regards,

Girish

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,422 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time

Bhowali can be done on the way.

Edited: 14 May 2012, 07:13
delhi
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time

Hello I am also extensively looking around this Ranikhet / Mukteshwar belt for a piece of land to buy and build my own cottage to settle down. Mukteshwar seems to be very cold in Dec and January therefore I am more keen for Ranikhet as it is at a lower altitude. I want to avoid places like Nanital due to their congestion.

Can someone please advice about the byelaws as to how much can i buy (non uttarakhandi). Also if anyone knows of any brokers in the area. I did go and visit an AWO (Army welfare) project in Majkhali but there seems to be no development happening there. I also visited a pretty large builder called vikuj developers (vikuj.com) building very close to ranikhet. they have 3 projects running. I saw their 1st unit of apartments which i was satisfied with the workmanship. They are apparently the largest developers in this whole belt and also offer land plots of 200 sq yds. Since it got late and we had to return therefore I couldn't see their other 2 projects. Has anyone bought from this group? Please help advice on rkkhurana75@gmail.com .

Thank you

RK Khurana

Please advice if i can buy a property in mukteshwar

or buy a property in ramgharh to build my vacation home

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,422 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time

Hi Mr RK Khurana,

This forum is exclusively used for tour and travel informations. May search for real state websites for your requirement.

Edited: 09 January 2013, 03:15
Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time

Hi Ashish, I want to cover nainital , mussoorie, jim corbett, ranikhet and kasauni in 10 days can you guide me how to start and finish if I start my journey from New delhi and leave for my hub from Dehradun? how should I plan which destination and for how many days. Please advice

Thanks

Sana

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,422 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time

Hi Sana,

Suggestive itinerary -

Day 1: Delhi/Kathgodam – Corbett National Park

Day 2: Corbett National Park - Jungle Safari

Day 3: Corbett – Kausani (5 hrs) via Ranikhet.

Day 4: Kausani - day at leisure

Day 5: Kausani – Binsar (3 hrs) via Baijnath and Almora.

Day 6: Binsar

Day 7: Binsar – Nainital (3 hrs)

Day 8: Nainital – Kathgodam, avail train Dehradun.

Day 9 Arr Dheradun, local s/s

Day10 Mussoorie s/s

Day11 Back home.

Edited: 15 May 2013, 08:06
Delhi
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time

Hi Ashish,please suggest either sikkim or naintal/ranikhet would be a better option in June.Am planning to travel between 17-21 June.Also suggest an itinerary as am traveling with 3 yr old kid.

Reply to: Ranikhet to Kausani distance & travel time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ranikhet
More Ranikhet Topics