We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiger Safari Tipping & Souvenirs

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tiger Safari Tipping & Souvenirs

Hello fellow travelers,

I will be in India next week doing a 5 day tiger safari which will include 2 game drives per day. I would like to hear your thoughts on how much to tip each day. I tried reading some of the old threads but they are either outdated or very conflicting. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Are there any tiger theme souvenirs that one would suggest bringing back?

Thanks for you time!

Al

Mentioned in this post
Bilaspur, India
Level Contributor
183 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiger Safari Tipping & Souvenirs

Hi

There is a souvenir shop where in get books and other things which you purchase n take back. I did not understand abt the tip each day u mentioned can u be a little specific abt it? All the best.

West Yorks, UK
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiger Safari Tipping & Souvenirs

Hi AI A.

I honestly can't remember tipping anyone on the game drives during our week at Bandhavgarh. I was with a group tour and they usually have a kitty that everyone puts into and then the tour leader divides the cash between all the drivers/tour guides/coolies etc. But on this trip, there was no kitty and I don't recall anyone handing out cash unless I missed something.

There's a couple of shops in Tala where you can buy T shirts and caps with the Bandhavgarh NP logo/tiger badge stitched to it. and the sleeveless body warmers that the guides wear are quite cool too.

Spud

Mentioned in this post
Bandhavgarh National Park
Bandhavgarh National Park
Umaria District, India
Tala
Tala
Bandhavgarh National Park, India
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiger Safari Tipping & Souvenirs

Thank you!

Bilaspur, India
Level Contributor
183 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiger Safari Tipping & Souvenirs

Hi

Ok now I get it. Yes u can give a tip say a couple of hundred indian currency if u happy with guide and drivers effort to show the big cats. It is up to u. Not at all compulsory.

raigarh
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiger Safari Tipping & Souvenirs

hello i am a frequent traveler to bandhavgarh can read my review on white tiger resort bandhavgarh recently again visiting in june 1st week well regarding the tipping its totally upon your satisfaction as those people do their utmost best to show us the animals so we can thank accordingly . Souvenir shops are their in market gift shops at hotels & tala gate bit costly all place do bargain .

Jabalpur, India
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tiger Safari Tipping & Souvenirs

Tipping is your personal choice. If you will be happy with service of your safari guide or safari vehicle driver, you may give them reward.

Souvenirs shops are located in Tala village and also many resorts have such shops in their premises also. If such shops, you will find items like T-shirt, caps, key-rings, photographs, jackets, books etc. Yes their is scope for bargaining in Tala village shops.

Mentioned in this post
Tala
Tala
Bandhavgarh National Park, India
7. Re: Tiger Safari Tipping & Souvenirs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2018, 05:17