We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naturalist at Bandhagarh Park vs Naturalist at Safari Camp

midwest
Level Contributor
71 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Naturalist at Bandhagarh Park vs Naturalist at Safari Camp

Is the caliber of the experience and areas allowed as good when using guide/naturalist from the Park vs from your specific safari camp?

We have (what I consider) unusual circumstances. We have requested using the naturalist from our camp (at additional cost) and are being told that we have to pay in full over 5 months in advance. Safari will then be based on availability (no guarantee) but is non-refundable.

We have done 5 safari camps throughout Africa and have never heard of a policy like this. Has anyone had a similar situation to this? (At this point we are seriously considering using park naturalists but done want a less desirable experience)

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Jabalpur, India
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naturalist at Bandhagarh Park vs Naturalist at Safari Camp

Hi, most good properties offer naturalist services for its guest on complimentary basis, never heard of any property charging extra for same. All vehicles entering the national park have to compulsorily take government registered guide (Naturalist) and you have to pay for him anyways. Certainly a good naturalist can enhance your park experience and make communication easy as most govt registered guides are not good in English.

If you book your safari through accommodation provider they should be able to confirm safari booking especially if being booked 5 months in advance. Safari booking opens 120 days / 4 months in advance so I do not see any reason for talking about availability or no guarantee. Again, something have never heard off that your safari camp is not giving any guarantee of safari as well as not ready to refund. Will suggest booking your safari directly through www.mponline.gov.in portal. Safari booking is expected to open any day now although you will have to keep a watch. Will suggest Tala and Magdhi zones.

I will also suggest a change in accommodation, look for someone who is ready to give an assurance on safari booking and provide a naturalist free. If you need any help you can connect with me on nature.luv@gmail.com

Mentioned in this post
Tala
Tala
Bandhavgarh National Park, India
Bilaspur, India
Level Contributor
183 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naturalist at Bandhagarh Park vs Naturalist at Safari Camp

Hi

As Navneet has very correctly pointed out that the resort you are trying to book is not reliable. Naturalist comes free in the form of drivers as you will have to take a guide from the forest department. Booking of safari tickets is very important and you can do it by yourself. Better change the resort.

Reply to: Naturalist at Bandhagarh Park vs Naturalist at Safari Camp
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted