We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-April Weather & Photo Question

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
25 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Mid-April Weather & Photo Question

First trip to Bandhavgrah. Can someone please advise what kind of weather temp (F) for mid-April. For photography in the jeeps for big glass, what is best, a monopod or a bean bag?

Thanks

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid-April Weather & Photo Question

Hope someone answers.. I have the same question!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid-April Weather & Photo Question

my understanding is that it can be very hot in mid-April (though the sightings may be better than mid march when I went). There is limited space in the jeeps, especially if there are 4 people per jeep. I used a bean bag for some shots and some people used a monopod with 500mm lenses. However in many cases one ended up having to handhold the lens.

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
25 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid-April Weather & Photo Question

Thanks Ricardo for taking the time to reply!

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid-April Weather & Photo Question

If you are sharing a jeep then a monopod would maybe be better, as people will be moving and you need all the stability you can get!. We had a jeep to ourselves and for me hand holding worked best but that is my style plus I knew no one would be moving ;-)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid-April Weather & Photo Question

The weather in Bandhavgarh is super-hot and super-dry in April. By 10 am it starts to get pretty unbearable, but the morning safaris are usually over by then. For the evening safaris you start out feeling hot and then it improves.

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
25 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid-April Weather & Photo Question

Thanks Deepa! That was what I was expecting.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mid-April Weather & Photo Question

I found that the only way I could keep it bearable was to keep wetting the nape of my neck with cold water. And of course, staying in an AC room indoors in the afternoon is a GREAT idea.

8. Re: Mid-April Weather & Photo Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Bandhavgarh National...