We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zone that recorded most tiger sightings recently

Amarillo, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Zone that recorded most tiger sightings recently

My question is for the fellow travelers who have already visited Bandhavgarh this season i.e. from Oct'13. Based on your recent experience, which zone(s) should I book for safari during my visit between 9-10 Jan'14?

Raipur, India
Level Contributor
181 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zone that recorded most tiger sightings recently

Dear Barnik,

Best zone to book in Bandhavgarh is "Taala" Zone! The biggest zone in Bandhavgarh, and most chances of sighting Tiger is there. Though other zones too have tiger sighting, but this is most preferred zone of Bandhavgarh! You can take khitauli and magadhi by your sheer gut feeling, both are same. Also, try to verify with your resort people regarding tiger sighting(s) 2-3 days before your booking dates for last minute bookings!

After Charger & B2, its Bamera Male & Mukunda Male; who are ruling bandhavgarh forests and are pretty much camera friendly....

Best of luck!!

Hakimuddin F. Saify

Jabalpur, India
Level Contributor
328 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Zone that recorded most tiger sightings recently

Hi.

This is Souvik Banerjee from i4u Travel Services, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.

Totally agree with Mr Saify.

Ensure that your entry tickets are prebooked as there is a severe crunch of the same.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zone that recorded most tiger sightings recently

YEs Talla Zone will be the best

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,235 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zone that recorded most tiger sightings recently

hi

yes, definitely TALA zone

Raipur, India
Level Contributor
181 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zone that recorded most tiger sightings recently

Thanks Mr. Banerjee for your encouraging words n support!

Hope to meet you some day exploring some wonderful jungle...

Regards

Hakimuddin F Saify

Amarillo, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Zone that recorded most tiger sightings recently

thanks all for the inputs. I will be on a 7 days 6 nights trip: Raipur Airport - Kanha - Bandhavgarh - Jabalpur - Panchmari - Nagpur Airport. Should I book a cab for the entire trip or should I book individually for each segment?

Raipur, India
Level Contributor
181 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zone that recorded most tiger sightings recently

Dear Barnik

Greetings,

You can book one cab from entire journey from Raipur. You can contact Mr. S Daftari on +919826439004 for cab booking. You can give my reference also. I am based out of Raipur only, will be happy to help. Drop me a msg at inbox for contact details.

In kanha do go for mukki zone, we recently (9th dec 2013) had a very wonderful sighting at Mukki zone - 1 Tigress and 4 grown up cubs (2years) together for nearly 1 Hour.

Regards

Hakimuddin F. Saify

Amarillo, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Zone that recorded most tiger sightings recently

Thanks for the updates Mr. Saify. I have contacted Mr.Daftari and have shared my trip plan with him. I will wait for his response.

I will book a safari in Mukki zone. Any preference regarding timing? Since it is winter, which should be the preferred option - morning or afternoon?

A friend of mine visited Bandhavgarh in October end and he had tiger sighting in Magadhi, but not in Tala. I have already booked one safari slot in both the zones. I still have time to add another safari in Bandhavgarh and do not mind to rely on my gut feeling to book a second trip in either of the zones. But if anyone can give me any latest update of sighting (just like Mukki in Kanha), that would be excellent.

Thank you all for the help.

Raipur, India
Level Contributor
181 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zone that recorded most tiger sightings recently

Dear Mr. Barnik,

Morning in Mukki zone will be good.....as you get long hours in Morning (6:30 AM to 11:30 AM) and in evening its only 2:30 Hours, as it is winter and sun sets early. As far as Bandhavgarh is concerned, I will vote for Taala only until and unless their is regular and easy sighting in other zones.

Regards

Hakimuddin F. Saify

Bathinda, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zone that recorded most tiger sightings recently

I visited Bandhavgarh from 18th dec to 25th dec ,truly a nuture lovers paradise an out f the world experience should definetely take kids if have any.....the Safari starts 6.30 am ends at 10.30am and evening starts at 2.15pm and ends 5.15 pm...there is no rule which defines which zone tiger sighting is better...I saw a Tiger in Khatouli zone 3 which has the poorest rate and was not able to sight in Magdhi which has the best rate this season...So technically you should be going to Magdhi and Tala Zone...

Get answers to your questions about Bandhavgarh National...