We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple questions

Lake Stevens...
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A couple questions

I will be staying at the Riu Palace Pacifico from the 7th until the 11th of Sept. I was curious if anyone that goes to the area has some suggestions for this time of the year for a couple on a budget. Any good street vendors and taco stands in the area. What to avoid and keep and eye out for...

Thanks!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple questions

Welcome to the forum.

You will love the Riu Pacifico. You can walk to Bucerias...Lots and Lots to see and do there.

Or get the bus to Pt.Vallarta...cheap and fun to do.

Do go to the PV forum and read the Top Questions on right...for sure the Airport and time share Sharks..is a Must read.

enjoy your trip.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,059 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple questions

Thanks for your first post on the TripAdvisor! JoLee gave you some great advice. In addition to the Puerto Vallarta Forum, be sure to look at the Bucerias Forum, too. I hope you'll have a chance to read some of the restaurant reviews there. I can highly recommend "The Rim" and "Linda's Tacos".

Good luck and have a great time!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,812 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple questions

There is also a forum for Nuevo Vallarta which is where the 3 RIU's are located.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,864 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple questions

you have a chance to visit some great places.like was said get out and explore safety is not an issue.you will have a blast

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A couple questions

I suggest taking a bus up to Sayulita, an interesting surfing town. You can make it a half-day trip, the bus will be roughly an hour each way.

Not much in the way of street vendors or taco stands in the immediate area of your hotel, unfortunately.

Lake Stevens...
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: A couple questions

Thanks for all the info. I can't wait to get there tomorrow! I do have another quick question. I am former military and an FF/EMT and always like to have a pocket knife with me. Does Mexican customs ever say or do anything about a pocket knife in checked baggage? I know I obviously can't take it on the plane but am fine with checking it and getting it once I get to Mexico.

Also, I look forward to writing a review and posting lots of pictures of our trip to contribute to this awesome tripadvisor community.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,265 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A couple questions

Not a problem at all packing a knife in your checked bag.

I would suggest a stop in San Pancho as well as Sayulita- it is just one bay to the north of Sayulita. Happy travels!

8. Re: A couple questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2013, 10:15