We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfares

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airfares

What is going on this year? The Airfares are thru the roof. Can't seem to find any last minute deals to anywhere in Mexico.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,921 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfares

I agree they have jumped at least 20% for spring.

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfares

yes I also see around a 20% increase ... Plus the hotel prices seem to have also gone up ...

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfares

Yea, don't feel bad. I'm looking at flying from DEN to YYC end of March and it's $815.

I can fly to Munich, Germany for $850!!

Miguel

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfares

I am sorry to say, but this is not going to help tourism in Mexico at all! If this is because of gas prices, then it doesn't make any sense. Oil is down!!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,921 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfares

It's the TAX on the CANADIAN charters that have me Laughing... How can they get away with that ??

Calgary
Level Contributor
639 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfares

it's the demand

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfares

The prices are way higher than last year. The package deals for April and May are HIGH.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airfares

The reason prices are up there are less planes in the sky. Westjet does the flying for Sunquest now, as well as their vacation company and piggy backs on their regular flight. Because they are not charters the times are great. but the prices are higher.Air Transat has reduced capacity by 30%.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,921 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airfares

Wow. didn't know that Mexalberta.. I thought Sunquest and Signature both used SkyService.. We love WestJet. I will pay More to fly with them.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airfares

A quick search from Edmonton for high season March shows around $545 total to Loscabos, Mazatlan, Huatulco, etc.

How cheap do you want?