We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tons of Questions- Traveling Oct 6

Marysville, WA
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Tons of Questions- Traveling Oct 6

A group of 8 of us (ages 30-40) will be taking our first trip to NV and staying at the Riu Palace Pacifico in the beginning of October. We are definitely planners so we wanted to ask a few questions so we can be prepared. Any extra information is always welcome! :)

1.) What are the best specialty drinks at the Riu Palace Pacifico? Does anyone know if they have fireball? :)

2) What are some of the must go to bars? We like laid back, not expensive, fun bars. Not the clubby type.

3.) I have previously stayed at Barcelo's and there were locals who would take you out fishing for a small cost, is there anything similar to that near the Rui Palace? If not, any ideas?

4) Are there any restaurants with excellent food, without it being shellfish- that we must go to?

5) Has anybody been to the bar in PV that has the donkey in it? I saw reviews on here before but can't seem to find any recent ones. Is it still open?

6) Any information on the newer brewery in PV, is it a must see?

7) Are any of you going to be at the Riu in the beginning of October?

Thanks in advance for any/all information!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,834 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tons of Questions- Traveling Oct 6

5. The bar with the donkey is Andales. It is south of the river downtown and is still going strong.

We are planning to be down the beach at Dreams Villa Magna (our 6th time) for the last two weeks of October. A great time of year to be in PV/NV.

I would suggest that you post your questions about the RIU on the Nuevo Vallarta forum. You should get more answers there.

Marysville, WA
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tons of Questions- Traveling Oct 6

Okay, thank you! I posted it on that forum! Will there be many thunderstorms during my stay, do you know?

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,132 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tons of Questions- Traveling Oct 6

lt's difficult to predict how many t-storms will happen at some point in the future, anywhere on earth.

Since it's the Rainy Season, which ends around the middle of Oct., the general pattern is for late afternoon showers and some nighttime t-storms. As a general rule, Nuevo Vallarta and points north get less rain than Puerto Vallarta gets. You should be able to get a lot of sun.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tons of Questions- Traveling Oct 6

I highly doubt they will have fireball. It can not be bought down here. I get mine "muled" down here by friends who come to visit.

Have a great trip!

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tons of Questions- Traveling Oct 6

7) I'll be leave the Pacifico a few days before you arrive.

Will be our first trip to the area so I'll watch for the other answers.

6. Re: Tons of Questions- Traveling Oct 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 05:18