We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Pacifico Beach

Indiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Pacifico Beach

Hello. Planning a Sept/Oct 7 night trip w/ husband and two 22 year olds. We've been to Cancun/Riviera Maya 3 times so looking for something different. Like the Riu Palaces. I've been looking at Pacifico but am wondering about the beach and water right there. Should I be looking at Jamaica or Dominican instead? They are really all priced about the same. Thank you!!!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico Beach

The beach in front of the Rius in Nuevo Vallarta is some of the best beach in the Vallarta area, so it's a good choice.

It's an excellent walking beach - to the south you can walk about 4 miles to the Nuevo Vallarta Marina, and to the north you could walk to Bucerias (a very nice Mexican town - 2 miles) or if you're more ambitious, La Cruz de Huanacaxtle (another nice place, smaller than Bucerias - 5 miles). This is a perfectly safe thing to do.

Although sea conditions vary from one day to the next, the waves in front of the Rius are typically excellent for activities such as boogie boarding. Other possibilities include kayaking, jet-skiing, parasailing, kiteboarding, etc. Since the beach is relatively long and straight, there are no real issues with rip tides or undercurrents. The sand is plenty wide enough for throwing frisbees / footballs, playing beach volleyball, etc.

Just be aware that the beach and water are different from what you typically encounter in the Caribbean. The water is not as clear, and in terms of colour, it's a dark green rather than turquoise. This doesn't bother me in the least, but some folks feel more strongly about it. A picture being worth a thousand words, this link will take you to some photos of the beach in front of the Rius:

www.panoramio.com/photo/81310976…

Edited: 04 July 2013, 20:18
Indiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico Beach

Thank you! I get a little overwhelmed with all the choices!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
529 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico Beach

Been to the Riu Palace......Does anyone know the hotel next to the 3 Rius there? Is there ANY Adults Only around there that One can still walk to Bucerias etc. and still bus it into PV? We stayed at the Riu Palace and walked to Bucerias and areas around......and took about 50 Mins + to bus-it to BV. Would like a change....any suggestions?

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,914 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico Beach

answered on your other post... tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g679578-i12004-k66…

5. Re: Riu Palace Pacifico Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 07:19