We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo female traveller looking for perfect AI resort.

Brisco, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Solo female traveller looking for perfect AI resort.

Hello, I am looking into a resort to go from Calgary Canada this Nov 11. I am sort of limited to bigger resort areas because of a low travelling time of year and have never been to Nayarit...I am looking for a resort that would perhaps have no or low single supplement, that is nice, clean, good food and service. 4.5 stars and up, the ocean is a must, I really just want to relax and hang on the beach, have nice dinners and watch some live music at night. Also want to take a peek into sayulita. Do not want a party place with a bunch of teens getting wasted day/night. Adults only would be ideal. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Brisco, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo female traveller looking for perfect AI resort.

And any help about Sayulita would be greatly appreciated, how long is the cab, how much? is there a bus? safe on the beach? cool activities to do around nayarit for a single traveller. I love horseback riding and would love to catch some fishes...thanks so much.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,724 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo female traveller looking for perfect AI resort.

Nayarit, is a State... north of Pt.Vallarta, across the river. Lots of small towns , and takes in Nuevo Vallarta.

Not many Adult only in Nuevo (new) Vallarta ,if Any.?? a couple in Pt.Vallarta. south of Airport., the Golden Crown Paradise, right by the Marina. Villa Premere and Grand Velas.. that's about it.

In Nuevo,, the Marival Grand has a No Single supplement..I heard.??

further North the Pallalldium (Royal Suites section is Adult only ) and usually good prices on pkgs. from Canada., It's issolated.. on way to Punta de Minta. north of Bucerias.

3 star. less expensive. basic.... . Royal de Cameron edge of Nuevo (walk to town of Bucerias) has bldg.#5 Adult Only.

This map might help for locations: move up and down.... http://vallarta-info.com/bucerias.html

Go to the Sayulita Forum, and ask you question, re: bus. taxi. or type in the Search there for more help.

Hope this helps

Joy

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,558 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo female traveller looking for perfect AI resort.

RDC Would be perfect!

Chicago, IL USA
Level Contributor
342 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo female traveller looking for perfect AI resort.

The OP said she wanted a 4.5 star resort. RDC is not a 4.5 star resort.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo female traveller looking for perfect AI resort.

The Hard Rock (formerly Vallarta Palace) may be a good choice, although I'm not sure about the situation with the single supplement. It's not adults only, but I'm thinking it shouldn't be crawling with kids / teens in early November.

It's not very complicated to get to Sayulita by bus, although you'll have to take one bus to the highway, then transfer to another. The trip will take roughly 45 minutes to an hour. A very safe day trip (or half-day trip, depending what you want to do there). Make sure you get into Puerto for a walk along the Malecon. Bucerias is also worth a stop if you haven't been there before. If you're looking for a good organized excursion, I would recommend the Outdoor Adventure, by Vallarta Adventures - lots of fun, and a good opportunity to meet people.

Decent live music is a bit of a challenge in the area. In our experience, you have to work at it to find something that's worth seeing.

Brisco, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo female traveller looking for perfect AI resort.

Thank you, unfortunately the Hard Rock is not available from YYC til Nov 24...Thats the thing with going at low times, I am quite limited in where I can go...Bummer.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,720 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo female traveller looking for perfect AI resort.

Is Dreams Villa Magna available for you? Four ala cartes, 24 hour room service, top shelf liquor, 3 pools and all rooms have a jacuzzi on the deck. No reservations are needed for the ala cartes. We are heading back for the 6th time in 13 days. Very few kids at this time of year. With 3 pools, most families with little ones use the middle pool as it has a walk in zero depth feature. Waiter service around the pools and on the beach.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,724 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo female traveller looking for perfect AI resort.

Looks like you are searching Lots of locations.. Hope you find something that fits. Good Luck.

Pt. Coq., BC Canada
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Solo female traveller looking for perfect AI resort.

Have you considered booking your flight and resort separately, this may give you more flexibility?

Brisco, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Solo female traveller looking for perfect AI resort.

Yes, Dreams Villamagna is available, it looks great, its on my list. JoLee, thanks, yes I do search a lot of areas, since I book 3 days before departure, I have to have back up plans in case the plane is full. I'm a bit of a research freak when it comes to travelling. no time for bad times. I did look at booking separately, a bit more expensive in the end but always an option as well. thank you all so much for the help.