We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Complex

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Complex

Is this resort good for kids?Planning trip for next winter,grandkids will be 10 and 14,love water(pool or beach)How is food and rooms?

Thanks for any info.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron Complex

Very basic rooms...2 star Canadian rateing. No in room fridge.Pay for safe,don't even get shampoo.. Good beach. You pay for what you get.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
932 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron Complex

Read the reviews for the resort, it's very highly rated. We were there 4 years ago and loved it. The grounds are gorgeous. Wouldn't hesitate to take kids. Yes, basic accommodations, but nice big rooms, comfy beds, balconies with ocean or pool view, everything spotlessly clean. No fridges, shampoo, or even alarm clock but that didn't matter to us at all. We knew ahead of time and brought a collapsible cooler. The food was great. Again, basic in the sense that there isn't a lot of fancy, expensive ingredients, just healthy,fresh local food deliciously prepared.

It's a fun place where everyone is quite friendly. No need to dress up for dinner, quite casual. I wouldn't necessarily rate it a 2 star by Canadian standards. Star ratings are so confusing. True, there are some amenities missing, but the important stuff. (Great food, total cleanliness, beautiful surroundings and fun) are all included!

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron Complex

Perfect spot for kids!! You will love it

Chicago, IL USA
Level Contributor
342 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron Complex

Other than the pool, not a whole lot to do at the RDC for kids. I was not that enthralled with it myself. You get what you pay for. Bottom shelf booze and boring food. Shows are terrible. This is my opinion and I seem to be in the minority with it

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
932 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron Complex

Agreed that the alcohol was poor, but then again, in my experience, truly wonderful drinks at an AI come at a much higher price tag. Depending on the ages and interests of the kids, I still think it could be a great choice for them. Lots of friendly families to meet, sand for castles, safe and casual feel.....we have always figured that it would be one of our preferred resorts if we were ever to take our kids to Mexico again (we have 11 and 14 year olds at home still). Actually, I prefer to take the kids elsewhere all together (Disneyland and other family type trips), as we like to be off resort exploring all the time, and our kids would rather laze in the pool drinking Miami vices.....so while they'd be thrilled with the Royal Decameron, we wouldn't be all that thrilled to have them there! :D

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Decameron Complex

This is an older hotel in need of some upgrades but a great 3.5 star resort with lots of variety and options. Meals,(3 buffets, 5 ala cartes) 7 bars(3 beach bars)and pools(4, one adults only) are always close by. Palapas on the beach for shade. Great service, and very clean and right in Bucerias if you want to go out for a meal a short walk away. Kids will love it. Lots of Canadians at this resort. It's not for everyone but you can't beat the price or the value.

Enjoy your trip.

tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g679578-zff4-Riviera_N…

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Decameron Complex

It's a great resort for kids.

8. Re: Royal Decameron Complex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 05:30