We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopping at Hotel La gare- few questions

Leeds
Level Contributor
511 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Stopping at Hotel La gare- few questions

He

We have booked this hotel for 3 nights at the end of April. Can anyone tell me how I get from airport to the hotel...I had heard the Hotel will organise free transport to and from.

Also if we want to stay on Venice for a meal at night how easy is it to get back to Murano ie what times do vaporettos run until.

Is it worth getting a travel card as we will be going to and from Venice during the day.

I am a little worried that nothing will be open on Murano on an evening and don1t really want to eat in the hotel for three nights.

Any tips/hints would be great.

Thanks

Caroline

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,221 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stopping at Hotel La gare- few questions

The hotel says it provides free transport from the airport or train station: see www.lagarehotelvenezia.com/en/transfer/

The vaporetti run until around midnight. There is an all-night service from Fondamente Nova to Murano.

A travel card is almost always worthwhile, especially if you are staying on an outer island.

There will be some restaurants open on Murano in the evening.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stopping at Hotel La gare- few questions

We have just returned from a very enjoyable 3 day stay on Murmano. Yes the hotel does organise transport - you need to ring the hotel directly and they will tell you what time it will pick you up. You may have to wait though as they do not run regularly. When you get to the hotel ask about free transport to Venice. We managed to arrange it for 1 of our 3 days as it was fully booked!

We found that the number of renstaurants open in Murano is limited so you may want to eat in Venice before returning to the hotel.

3. Re: Stopping at Hotel La gare- few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Murano
More Murano Topics