We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to Kuredo - Vilamendhoo - and Biyadhoo ?

Potton, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been to Kuredo - Vilamendhoo - and Biyadhoo ?

I am booked for Biyadhoo for xmas. I have been to Kuredo in a beach bungalow and vilamendhoo in a water villa, and briefly to hudenfushi which was awful ! Just asking for comparisons on reef, beach, rooms and social ambience of which I found Kuredo better than vilamendhoo

London, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been to Kuredo - Vilamendhoo - and Biyadhoo ?

We have been to Vilamendhoo and Biyadhoo. I preferred Vilamendhoo in all areas. Biyadhoo is let down by the rooms, ours was a mould pit.

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
912 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been to Kuredo - Vilamendhoo - and Biyadhoo ?

I have only been to Biyadhoo out of those, I would only return for the chance to swim with mantas again. I like rustic but it was a bit too rustic for me! Some people love marmite island though. I found the reef a bit of a let down after the rave reviews, corals were quite badly damaged and there wasn't a huge amount of sealife, I actually thought fihalhohi's reef was a lot nicer. The food was ok and staff were friendly.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,573 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been to Kuredo - Vilamendhoo - and Biyadhoo ?

Hi

I have been to Vilamendhoo & Kuredu , Vilamendhoo wins hands down out of those 2 islands especially the snorkeling :-)

Darryl

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been to Kuredo - Vilamendhoo - and Biyadhoo ?

You're not allowed to discuss Kuredu's ambience here, it is the wild west of the Maldives, where people drag race golf carts and have bar fights... I mean nobody even plays scrabble..

Plus the reef is 500m deep, fish are mostly dead, and sea grass consumes everything else that tries to survive.

Edited: 27 August 2014, 08:16
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone been to Kuredo - Vilamendhoo - and Biyadhoo ?

Kenny, I preferred Kuredu to Vila' and I am really into snorkelling and love a good reef. It is still the overall package of an island that is important and I really think Kuredu has 'it'. Yes its a big popular Island but the emptiness of the wide beaches in front of our basic room beat lots of other places, and it was big enough for lots of contrasting experiences. But then we also loved our week on old Lohi' ( hud') that everyone hates, again its the whole experience thing for me, Kuramathi was OK nothing special, loved Fiha' & Ellaidhoo

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone been to Kuredo - Vilamendhoo - and Biyadhoo ?

Sorry my sarcasm seems to have backfired, I also really liked Kuredu.

The only 2 negatives for me with Kuredu:

• Coral reef is not good enough

I mean it's ok for a maldives first timer but once you've seen Komandoo or anything else better it's just a bit.. meh.. it's not shallow enough and lacks colour (partly due to it's depth), no table coral, and far from shore, plenty of fish though

• Sea grass around the water villas

It's great near the jetty where the turtles are everywhere, but it's not exactly inviting clear water to step into from your water villa that you'd expect when booking.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone been to Kuredo - Vilamendhoo - and Biyadhoo ?

I haven't been at none, but according to what people say, both Kuredu and Vila offer better rooms and better facilities than Biyadhoo. Vila has the better reef, though it seems biyadhoo's reef is better than kuredu's one, and beaches are worse in biyadhoo: there is only beach at one side of the island, so ,ore people there... And remember that rooms are in blocks.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
52 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone been to Kuredo - Vilamendhoo - and Biyadhoo ?

Been to both, Biyadoo is no frills Maldives and Kuredu is nice but didn't like the double standards.

As for the diving both islands have something individual about them.

Returning to Biyadoo next year.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone been to Kuredo - Vilamendhoo - and Biyadhoo ?

Hi I am heading of to biyadhoo next November could you please tell me all about the hotel food snorkelling service any charges that I may not be aware of basically as much as possible if you wouldn't mind ? I am a lone female traveller anything to be aware of regards personal safety would be very much appreciated thank you

Belfast
Level Contributor
767 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone been to Kuredo - Vilamendhoo - and Biyadhoo ?

Not been to Kuredu- the "liveliness" is not my "thing". Have been to Vila & Biya. Would go back to Vila in a shot but wasn't keen on Biya- just glad it wasn't my first experience of the Maldives as it may have been my last.

Get answers to your questions about Biyaadhoo Island