We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September

Crawley
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September

I'm going with my wife to Bodu Hithi for a week this September (preceded by another week at Moofushi). Just looking for some help on a few questions :-

1. We're booked into an Island Villa which look really nice - only concern is that with the outside pool and surrounding vegetation that there may be a lot of mosquitos outside and coming into the room - is that a particular problem there?

2. This will be my first time with a speedboat transfer and am a nervous passenger on water - is the speedboat a good size to lessen any buffeting from the water?

3. We'll be e'mailing the hotel to ask for a room with a good piece of beach in front and no sandbagging - I know this changes with the season but would I be right in asking for any room between 310-333? Are some more private than others?

4. We're on half board and are aware that it is going to be very expensive for food and drink outside of this but would anyone have pictures of the menus in the restaurants so I can get an idea/budget?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Kevin

12 replies to this topic
Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September

Ask the resorts the menus...

Don't worry with the speedboat, it will be good. I guess they have several and use one or another depending on the number of guests that arrive.

The best island villas are 322-333: best beach, views and less noisy.

Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September

Any update on this? How was your trip? How did you find the island? I'm planning to go there in April next year. Any information would be welcome.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
888 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September

Yes I would be interested too as I am there in June this year :O)

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September

The speedboats are an ok size but you do get buffeted by the water in any speedboat on the open sea, esp in Sept when the open seas are likely to be rougher. I felt sick after the 35 min crossing to Fihalhohi and Constance Moofushi must be much longer than that as it is in the South Ari atoll. Take Dramalene or a good sea sickness pill before you get on if you are at all susceptible to seasickness.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
888 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September

Hi Xarla

Thanks for the info :O)

The speed boats don't worry me ..I did Angsana Ihuru. I just wondered more about the island and everything about it lol

Kind regards

Paddy

London, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September

The speedboat is fine, found it quite fast but at no time did we feel sick or unsafe, hubby gets seasick occassionally.

Loved our visit to CBH

London, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September

Pm me if you have any specific questions paddy.

Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September

Travelbug, when did you go? Any thoughts on accommodation, food, activities? Anything you'd recommend we should bring (or not bring) with us?

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
888 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September

Travelbug

Thank you so much.......just starting to read your review and seeing your pictures..so no questions as yet. When I get in from work though......there maybe plenty lol

Kind regards

Paddy

London, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September

We were there end of April last year.

Reply to: Our Visit to Bodu Hithi in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bodu Hithi Island