We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Beachcomber

Fayetteville, North...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Outrigger Beachcomber

Does anyone know anything about this hotel? I can't seem to find reviews on it. Everything I find is on the Outrigger Beach resort. Entrance looks to be next to Margaritaville. Seems to be in a great location to walk to things. Thanks in advance!

15 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
377 posts
1. Re: Outrigger Beachcomber

Outrigger just took over ownership of this hotel. It was originally holiday inn Waikiki beachcomber. The takeover just happened recently so no significant renovations have been done yet I don’t believe. It’s right across outrigger Waikiki Beach hotel and on the main busy strip of Waikiki.

Fayetteville, North...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2. Re: Outrigger Beachcomber

Thanks for the clarification as I couldn't get it to come up in a search. Any thoughts on this property? Seems like a good location. I am looking for a place we can walk to restaurants, bars and beach easily. I currently have a reservation at Hilton Waikiki which says it is about a 10-15 min walk to Dukes. Would like to be more centrally located. Only there from a Thur night to Sat morning before we catch a cruise.

Dallas
Level Contributor
26,773 posts
78 reviews
3. Re: Outrigger Beachcomber

Margaritaville no longer exists.

Location is great, walk to hundreds of shops, restaurants and things to do.

Have stayed there before and would not hesitate to stay again.

Have a great trip.

Aloha

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,245 posts
432 reviews
4. Re: Outrigger Beachcomber

>>>Outrigger just took over ownership of this hotel. It was originally holiday inn Waikiki beachcomber.<<<

Outrigger has owned the hotel for as long as I can remember. They chose to market it under a different brand, just like they do with the Embassy Suites, Ohana hotels, etc.

Oahu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
175 reviews
5. Re: Outrigger Beachcomber

"I currently have a reservation at Hilton Waikiki which says it is about a 10-15 min walk to Dukes."

Was just going to comment, Dukes isn't the only restaurant in Waikiki! You're within easy walking distance to all sorts of places!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
72 reviews
6. Re: Outrigger Beachcomber

I have stayed here a few times and recommend it highly. It is right in the middle of waikiki, right across the street from Dukes and the Cheesecake Factory. The pool area is very nice and it overlooks Kalakaua Ave.

London, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: Outrigger Beachcomber

If it wasn't for this forum I'd never have found this hotel. We stayed here last year when it was the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber. It was a great location but expensive for the facilities it provided. Now it's changed it's name it's bumped it's prices up even higher. I'll be looking for an alternative.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
29,280 posts
8. Re: Outrigger Beachcomber

Turkeyfan,

They are now in the process of renovating it.

Hunter
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Outrigger Beachcomber

Hi TurkeyFan,

We are booked in for end of Nov. Any idea when the renovations will be completed.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
29,280 posts
10. Re: Outrigger Beachcomber

Well, I'm not TF....

However, the renos I mentioned about are not "scheduled" to be completed till late December.

They're already behind. (As is typical on the islands.... More so than mainland, I mean.)

Reply to: Outrigger Beachcomber
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted