We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comming in March Need Help

Tez
Windsor Ontario
Level Contributor
263 posts
Save Topic
Comming in March Need Help

Hi First Time comming to Playa Hermosa and i have a couple of questions...

How is the weather in march? hot? and cool at night?

How is the beach? is it rocky? can u swim in it? i the water warm?

How are the insects? i herd the mosquito's are bad? sand fleas?

Is March Break bussy there?

How far and how much is a taxi to Jaco? is that where the bars are? clubs?

thanks for all your help in advance

4 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Comming in March Need Help

The weather in March is normally hot, the beach is a little rocky you can swim on it and the water is warm. Bring some insect repellant. A taxi to Jaco where the bars are is not expensive iti is a 10 minute drive approx $10.00-$15.00

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comming in March Need Help

Dear Tez...

Great month to visit us...MArch is just the best...sunny...some times some nice breeze..Jaco is a nice long beach...just be aware of some rip tides...ask locals once you are there...

Not to many mosquitos...but good idea to bring or to buy some OFF..or soemnthing else!

Also be aware of some fake travel agents or phantom tour operators...if you need advice or help...try to find a certified Travel Agent or Tour Operator...also for rent a cars...dealt directly with them in case of a dispute you are in better position ...also dealt with well knon rent a cars...

roadadvisor..

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,841 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comming in March Need Help

Hermosa Beach near Jaco is a very dangerous beach. A favorite place for surfing with some nice waves when it isn't closing out, but this is absolutely NOT a swimming beach. Not even if you are a strong swimmer would I recommend trying this here. Jaco beach up the road is more manageable for swimming but still somewhat dangerous.

Jaco is party central on the mid Pacific, plenty of bars and restaurants so no worries there.

The best beach in the area for swimming would be Playa Blanca about a 25 minute drive North from Hermosa Beach. I also really like Esterillos South about 20 minutes. Go to North end and you will find lots of rock formations and tidal pools to swim in. This is also an awesome beach for finding shells.

Cheers and be careful swimming

Edited: 24 February 2012, 18:30
Tez
Windsor Ontario
Level Contributor
263 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Comming in March Need Help

thanks for all your help! how are the bars and clubs? is the nighht lifr safe? any recomendations?

Reply to: Comming in March Need Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Hermosa