We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Which Coron hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,699 posts
337 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

Finally.

Some people called Coron the "Crown of Palawan". I do not know is this really applicable but I did have my views on it.

http://wp.me/pBrCp-1gr

Thanks for all who has helped me. :)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,735 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Oh my! We could have bumped into each other as I was also at Robinson's Manila last Saturday afternoon ;-) I even craved for Singaporean food so we ate at The Chicken Rice Shop.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,699 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

Hahaha....

Frankly speaking, I almost wanted to try The Chicken Rice Shop but against it because we can get the original back home!

By the way, it was now then I discovered how big is Robinson Manila!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,735 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Their curry laksa is not that spicy compared to their branch in City Square JB. I am a fan of ais kacang and I was disappointed with it although their ais cendol is good.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

Just finished reading your TR mouse and glad you finally made it to Coron and further to Malcapuya Island. Great TR as always :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,378 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

Thanks MH great report and good pics.Very useful for me as I will be in Coron Jan next year.

Looking at staying at GMG Hotel which is quite a new hotel in town with a pool.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,699 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

Tommo, we did pass by GMG a few times and it does not look new to me. Well, I may be wrong but for sure it is located nearer to the pier.

By the way, we saw another lodge in the making and it is called Coron eco-lodge.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,378 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report

MH the reviews all indicate the property is quite new and the pool is still under construction.I was tossing up between Islands View Inn and this property.

The negatives Im reading about accomodation in Coron Town is that there isnt much there and is quite noisy.

Tommo

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5,963 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report

I stayed in Coron Village Lodge also. It's very cheap but the water pressure was indeed weak. We were lucky we didn't experience what you experienced.

Kawayanan Grill was indeed very very good. It serves 1 of the best sisig I have ever tried, even better than most Filipino restaurants in Metro Manila.

You should visit El Nido or Puerto Princessa next.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,699 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report

Talking about Island View Inn, I find them a little bit funny.

During daylight, the front door shutter will be open. Once night fall, they roll down the shutter and you will have to enter from the side door which is actually behind a gate!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
509 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report

Hello Mousehunt.

Another informative report from you on your PH travels.

You just can't seem to stop going back to PH. While you did not ask CS if he enjoyed PH, I would think that the answer is yes. Sad to say, most people in SG don't view PH as a decent holiday destination but for those who have been there, I would believe they will agree with me that PH is worth the visit (personal opinion is that it is much better than VN or even Thailand).

Hope to be back in PH end of this year if I do not burst my travel budget and if I find another island which interest me.

By the way, congrats on getting your DE tag!