We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sight seeing in Busuanga Island

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
335 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Sight seeing in Busuanga Island

Hi,

My return flight to Manila is by 4:30pm from Busuanga, and I have the day, say till around 2pm...

I do not prefer going to Calauit Wildlife park...

are there other places that I can go to in Busuanga?

Like concepion falls or so? Is it easily accessible? I am planning to take a bike for rent...

Near concepion falls, are there any other places?

Or, are there any other recommended places other than Concepion? I recently read about a mangrove kayaking tour provided by Kingfisher tours...is it worth?

Thank you in advance.. :-)

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sight seeing in Busuanga Island

Ok, on your return to Manila, what places has you covered in Coron?

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
335 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sight seeing in Busuanga Island

I plan to cover:

1) Mt.Tapyas

2) Malcapuya island

3) Coron Island hopping (incl. Kayangan, Barracuda etc)

4) Probably pass island

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,381 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sight seeing in Busuanga Island

5.Maquinit hot springs

Or read the Things to Do left hand side:

tripadvisor.com.au/Attractions-g729733-Activ…

Tommo

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sight seeing in Busuanga Island

You can do Calauit starting at 5am to finish and be back in Coron at 1.00pm but its a waste of money and time (its my opinion limited to my experience)

Yes, the hot spring is one

If you arrange well, you may have a daytour with Sangat Island doing jungle trek, kayak to local hotspring

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
335 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sight seeing in Busuanga Island

ok, thank you for your advises...

will check out the most feasible option...

:-)

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sight seeing in Busuanga Island

Hi,

Maquinit hot springs - best visited at night (most people go there after sunset). I for one person found it over rated, but then, I don't like the smell of rotten eggs, or the idea of dipping myself in warm water on a warm night.

island hopping - best kept for sometime when you can start in the morning 9 am and end at 4 pm (you can island hop, visit Kayangan lake and barracuda lake, and snorkel in siete pecadoes, all on the same day, without feeling hurried). And visit the hot springs at night. That is what we did.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sight seeing in Busuanga Island

If you don't want to go on a tour, is it possible to rent your own little boat and travel around the islands near by?

Is that too expensive? Or are the island hopping tours better value for money?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sight seeing in Busuanga Island

Mahimd,

You could visit maquinit hot springs as suggested above, there are also 2 small beaches 500m to 1km further past the springs that you could try, also YKR falls is very close to the airport on right hand side of road, just before you get to the airport, they are small, but worth a swim on a hot day.

Evisan, you can rent a boat and captain for 1500php per day, but then you will have to pay any sanctuary fees, food etc yourself, tours are far better value, starting at 650php inclusive

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sight seeing in Busuanga Island

@ Evisan,

Phoenix is right. Renting a boat for yourself is very easy - and that is the popular way people do island hopping in Coron (Busuanga). This gives you more flexibility and you get to decide where you want to spend more time (based on your own internet research and TA reviews)

We too did not go with a tour - instead we took a boat for island hopping from the boat jetty.

Here are the bangka rates for island hopping -

…wordpress.com/2012/03/img_5538-island-hoppi…

Our trip cost us 2000 pesos, we had taken lunch from our resort, we first asked our bangka driver what places he had to suggest , and then told him our choice. For example, in the afternoon, he took us towards a popular beach which was crawling with about 50 heads, so we promptly asked him to turn around and take us to some other less crowded beach. He did! He took us to Smith's beach ( Initially I thought he just made up that name, but later I realised it was it's real name) - stunningly beautiful beach, for about 2-3 hours, we were the only people on the beach (other than the island keepers family)

From pick up from our resort at 9 am, to return at 5 pm, we saw siete pecadoes (excellent snorkelling), kayangan lake (stunning views of water above), Smith's beach (beautiful beach, crystal clear waters) and twin lagoon (did not like it much). We swam and snorkelled at each place, and enjoyed the places in a relaxed unhurried manner.

You can see further details and photos here -

…wordpress.com/2011/…

Makati, Philippines
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sight seeing in Busuanga Island

I agree, Calauit is a waste of time and money unless you wanna see giraffe, zebra, deer and other animals. Good for children though.