We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay all 4 nights in one hotel or split them up?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
150 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Stay all 4 nights in one hotel or split them up?

Spending 4 nights/5 days. I am wondering if we should stay 2 nights in Coron town (such as Corto del Mar or Coron Westown Resort) and 2 nights in a beach front property (such as Coral Bay or Chindonan) ...OR...just pick one hotel and spend all the 4 nights there. We would love to do some snorkeling, the hot springs, island hopping, trekking. Your thoughts / comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,078 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay all 4 nights in one hotel or split them up?

It really boils down to your preference. If you don't mind packing again after 2 nights to transfer to another hotel then I don't think there's any reason not to stay in 2 different locations. I stayed at Coron town and did all the things you want.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,071 posts
2,067 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay all 4 nights in one hotel or split them up?

My preference would be not to move hotels in this case. Many of the 'offshore' accommdoation establishments can arrange a daily boat trip to the other island(s) of your choice.

Some resorts such as Chindonan have high rates for daily bangka (boat) trips so ring the resort and enquire. It may be cheaper to stay in the town of Coron and hire a small boat each day for between P1500 - P2000.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay all 4 nights in one hotel or split them up?

I second all the above. Stay at one place.

Coron Town is a sleepy town with nothing much to do so do not expect too much about it but it is a relatively affordable place.

All the resort like Chindonan definitely give you some form of different experience and most probably you will be confined there.

So it is up for you to choose.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay all 4 nights in one hotel or split them up?

Corto Del mar, is by far the best hotel in Coron Town, I have not stayed there, but had dinner there and was fortunate enough to look at a couple of rooms. The restaurant and their swimming pool are very good. Coron westown resort, is as its name suggests west of town by 10 mins, and is therefore a little out of the way, should you want to walk around Coron at night, it is not convenient.

Stay in town, and organise your island hooping, hot springs trip by yourself and not through your hotel, as this will save you money

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,049 posts
1,841 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay all 4 nights in one hotel or split them up?

I also agree not to split the hotel for a 4 day stay. Changing hotels could result in loosing a good part of a day shifting.

Tommo

San Francisco
Level Contributor
150 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay all 4 nights in one hotel or split them up?

Thank you!!! Decided to stay in town for 3 nights. Booked the hilltop view resort as they have great rate from Agoda.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,078 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stay all 4 nights in one hotel or split them up?

Happy travels! I hope you will be back here in TA after your trip as your contributions would be very valuable.

8. Re: Stay all 4 nights in one hotel or split them up?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Coron
Recent Conversations