We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Coron tour/accommodation package deal or company

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Best Coron tour/accommodation package deal or company

Hi,

I was just wondering what company is best to go with to island hop around Coron. Ideally we would like a company that includes accommodation and boat transfers in their prices.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,141 posts
2,142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Coron tour/accommodation package deal or company

Have you thought of arranging accommodation in Coron town or at an offshore island such as Chindonan yourself, and then arranging tours hiring a daily bangka (small boat) with crew.

If using a bangka ex Coron town, the cost per day of a bangka should be under P2000 9not including lunch).

This cuts out the middleman.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,108 posts
1,961 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Coron tour/accommodation package deal or company

What is your budget for accomodation and do you want to stay in town or on one of the outlying islands.

I agree with Victorianlad you dont need to engage a travel agent. Actually most members here on Tripadvisor would do it themselves to cut out the middleman. Very easy to organise this yourself with fantastic resources such as Tripadvisor.

If you join a group Island Hopping trip costs should be less than 1000Php per person with lunch included.

Tommo

Edited: 14 October 2013, 03:47
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Coron tour/accommodation package deal or company

Thank you, both, for your messages.

I will look at both options, however, I was always told by many people that it cuts the costs down if you prebook your trips in advance with someone first as they always try to rip you off if you try do it when you get there, as you are a foreigner.

But I will definitely look into both a pre-packaged island hopping operator, and also doing it independently.

If anyone does have any tour operator names, please still forward this on.

Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,141 posts
2,142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Coron tour/accommodation package deal or company

krispyNZ, there is usually some competition at the pier for tourists.

It isn't nearly as busy as say Boracay, but if you ask around, there should be boats (bangkas) available; you may even have the occasional tout ask you. I did not get 'ripped off' as last time I paid P1700 for a day's excursion which I thought very reasonable.

There is a wet market near the pier at which one can stock up on delicious fresh fruit.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Coron tour/accommodation package deal or company

Went to Coron with a group of friends last January 2012. We engaged a tour operator, Calamian Travel and Tours and was very pleased with the professional service.You can check out their website and see the wide range of package options. We took the 4d/3n package deal with Sunz en Coron as accommodation. As per other reviews, our booking was a mess with this hotel, so they transferred us to Asia Grand View which is a lot better in terms of facilities. Rico was a very good tour guide, however, I ended having skin rashes from their life jackets which were not disinfected after each use. Overall, we enjoyed our Coron stay and will definitely use this operator again next year when I will bring my family with me and some disinfectant!

6. Re: Best Coron tour/accommodation package deal or company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 January 2014, 15:05
7. Re: Best Coron tour/accommodation package deal or company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 06:18