We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go much to budget for coron?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Go much to budget for coron?

I will be in coron for 4.5 days and would like to know how much cash to bring. I am budgeting 600 per day for food and my hostel costs the same. About how much should I budget for trips/activities? I will spend one day diving for 3500 and would like to spend two days island hopping/snorkeling. I've heard a bangka costs 1500 per day but I'm not sure if this is per pax. After transportation, food and accommodations I think I will have about 19000 left for fun stuff, but I might have cover some stuff for the gf. I think this is plenty any advice? Also my dive master in el Nido said that there is a ATM in coron now, anyone heard about this? Thanks,

Brendan

Mentioned in this post
El Nido
El Nido
Palawan Island, Philippines
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go much to budget for coron?

Check internet,from what I found there are ATM,s and.money changers on Coron,I,ve been to Palawan but not Coron.

Mentioned in this post
Palawan Island
Palawan Island
Palawan Province, Philippines
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Go much to budget for coron?

1500p is for a boat,and not per person.You can have about 8 ppl in that boat/banka.

You can take the boat anywhere you want and lunch will be extra.

Don't know about the ATM.

I am copy-pasting my comment for another post -

Head over to Corongaleri tours - www.corongaleri.com.ph or just tell a tricycle guy to take you to 'expedition', they will take you to their office. I recommend you select from either tour B1 or tour C,these 2 tours cover the top places in Coron.

Malcapuya island in tour C is about 1hr boat ride each way.

Both these tours leave at about 8:30am and come back by 4:00pm

Tour B1 - Kayangan Lake, Twin Peaks Reef, Hidden Lagoons, Bulungan Beach[you have your lunch here], CYC Island, Coral Eden.

Note - this tour does not include barracuda lake, you can add it for 100p or 200p/person and if all the people in your boat agree to it. I think Kayangan lake is more beautiful than barracuda, it's just my opinion.

Tour C - Malcapuya Island,Banana Island & Bulog Is.All these islands a close to each other and you have your lunch on Banana island.

You can find the rates of different tours on their website.

Mentioned in this post
Malcapuya Island
Malcapuya Island
520 Reviews
Busuanga Island, Philippines
Kayangan Lake
Kayangan Lake
1,989 Reviews
Banana Island
Banana Island
260 Reviews
3. Re: Go much to budget for coron?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 06:17